Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Time Seeking Advice Needed

Thanks for the advice in regards to my diet/nutrition. I understand I need to get more protein - I will work on this. How many grams should I be consuming a day to maintain my current lean body mass but promote fat burn? There are many different equations online - but I figured I would ask here.

You sound like you have the same problem I have. As far as being in shape, eating healthy, and exercising I do a great job. But when I look at some of these ladies that compete I sudenly think my butt is saggy and my fat % is too high. The reality is many of these girls take it to then next level because they compete. Their diets and workouts are extreme. I have tried to get to that level but it is very hard. If I ever want to look "competition good" I am going to have to enter a competition to motivate myself. With all that said, I have come to realize that I am in shape and that I do look good.

The bottom line is you look great and your diet and workout are solid with maybe a little tweeking here and there. Just keep up the hard work and be patient.

Rebecca D

Thanks for the advice in regards to my diet/nutrition. I understand I need to get more protein - I will work on this. How many grams should I be consuming a day to maintain my current lean body mass but promote fat burn? There are many different equations online - but I figured I would ask here.

protein quality, intake frequency and effective metabolisation of the protein are way more important than protein quantity, so there's no easy answer to that.

Firstly you don't want to count any incomplete protein (most beans, wheat, etc) as protein. Most complete protein sources are dairy sourced, meat, and eggs. A few notable veggie exceptions are quinoa and chic peas, but you'd have to eat a ton of them to get much protein. Also, you might try an enteric coated digestive enzyme (should include bromelain) to ensure your gut can fully digest the protein and keep you in a positive nitrogen balance as much as possible. Lastly, avoid going more than 4 hours w/o protein consumption.

Top Bottom