Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do women lose shape faster than men?

Yanny

Do women lose shape faster than men? I have noticed that my hubbie lost his shape rather fast when he stopped training for some health issues. Will I lose shape as fast as he will being a female? Thanks

That is quite individual, but as a general rule – yes, you will lose muscle mass just as fast. Reason being that our bodies are economic, and if they see that you are not using the muscles, they see no reason to keep them. So keep training, even if it is once or twice per week.

There is a reason why people who have been in the fitness industry for a while always say 'it's a lifestyle, not a diet'

You need to be consistent. That's the biggest thing. Stop working out and eating right and guess what - you will loose the body you have.

The take home message is to find a way to make this maintainable so it's something you can stick with for years.

And could you tell me how fast the muscle loss comes around? Just to make myself an idea of how long a rest period can be.

Top Bottom