Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advise on Anvar/Clen

Macey

I was wondering if anyone has ever cycled Clen and Anavar together and how it worked. I have been trying to get more defined for a long time and people just tell me its my genetics?? So I was wondering if I train hard, have a good diet..if this stuff could possibly help me. Right now I usually work out 6-7 times a week and do at least an hour of cardio 6 times a week. Im 5'7 and 147 pds.

Welcome to the boards! Training 6-7 days a week is TOO much. A phrase commonly used around here is "you don't grow in the gym". Your muscles aren't becoming more defined because your body's not getting enough rest. It's at rest that your body and muscles repair themselves, allowing you to return to the gym stronger and able to train with even more intensity.

Even if you're thinking "...but I don't want big muscles, I just wannabe lean and defined...", it's the same principle. To be defined, you need some muscle, and over-training will just burn it up and leave you flat. Doing excessive cardio has the same effect. While cardio burns fat, doing more cardio can actually backfire, and cause your body to retain fat.

I could go on (and on) :D, but please read the following two links:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=2159687#post2159687 - this is Realgain's post about steroid-free training - read it even if (or rather, especially if) you decide to use steroids.

http://home.eol.ca/~philla/bodyessence/Pages/Articles/aerobicvstrength/chunkysyndrome.html - this article expains why too much cardio is bad for fat loss.

Also, please give us more details about your diet. A few small changes can have a big effect (I learned that from these boards!)

Macey at this point stay clear of drugs....FIT is correct, your doing way too much...make some simple adjustments with what you have going on, and you will make progress...One big factor is that you have more than enough discipline....

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Ive been told a lot that over train, I just feel like a lazy ass if I dont work myself everyday. I use to run in college and we did 70 miles a week, know that I dont do that anymore I feel like I need to work harder in the gym. There is a really lean girl that works out were I do, I she works out 7 days a week and does like 1 hour and 30 min of cardio and I dont know how she does it.

Lets see my diet. Im pretty strict I usually dont take in that much protein, I feel like when I do my arms just get bigger and bulky. I do eat a lot of fruit, apples, strawberries, banannas mostly. I eat a lot of salads, chicken, turkey, usually no red meat. I also have a problem of being hungry at night? Is it bad to eat before I go to bed, if not what should I eat?

Also is there any good supplements that I can take to help me, My boyfriend has done cycles and he thinks I should use anvar and clen..Right now I take a Xenadrine before I work out and ZMassPM before I go to bed...??

I am guilty of the same if I am not at the gym doing cardio for like an hour I feel like a lazy ass. However I only do it 3-4 times a week. Any advice on how much cardio and weight training I should do? Can I do cardio and weight training on the same day? Because of my busy life I can only get to gym 3 maybe at the most 5 times a week but latley I have been averageing about 3 times a week. :(

Re: Thanks

Macey said:
...I just feel like a lazy ass if I dont work myself everyday..."

Join the club! I always feel better on my training days, but rest days are the price I must pay to have strong training days. Training fewer days at your body's optimum will give better results than training more days at sub-par because your body isn't fully recovered. Doing more is not always better - beyond a certain point, it's like beating a dead horse.

There is a really lean girl that works out were I do, she works out 7 days a week and does like 1 hour and 30 min of cardio and I dont know how she does it.

Everyone's different. This might not be what she does all the time, but if it is, it'd be interesting to see how she's doing in a few years - she'll either have to keep upping her cardio time and/or lowering her calories to prevent fat gain. Like the article said, by doing the same thing day in and day out, she's training her body to become more energy efficient. I've become much leaner by doing shorter but harder (e.g. sprinting, HIIT) cardio sessions.

Lets see my diet. Im pretty strict I usually dont take in that much protein, I feel like when I do my arms just get bigger and bulky.......Also is there any good supplements that I can take to help me, My boyfriend has done cycles and he thinks I should use anvar and clen..Right now I take a Xenadrine before I work out and ZMassPM before I go to bed...??

Food is the most anabolic substance there is. There is nothing magic in steroids. They allow your body to synthesize protein faster, which leads to faster recovery, which then allows you to train even harder...which leads to muscle growth. So steroids or no steroids, your body needs protein. As an athlete, because you're breaking down muscle tissue when you train, your protein requirements are higher than the general population.

For great info on diet and examples of what to eat when, visit this site: http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
Look under "Eating", then "Dieting 101"
If you're hungry, it's likely you're not eating enough, or not frequently enough.

Last edited:
dayna4u2nv said:
Any advice on how much cardio and weight training I should do? Can I do cardio and weight training on the same day?

Again, everyone's different :) You have to find what works for your body and your schedule. I train 4 days a week - M T Th F. I do about 45 min of weights followed by 30 minutes of cardio. Twice a week, my cardio is HIIT interval sprinting. The other days I'll do the rowing machine or elliptical trainer.

FitFossil- thanks again = )

I really am not how my body works sometimes. I am 20 now and when I was a junior in High School I weighted about 180 pds and wore a size 34 in guys jeans. Then I decided to lose and now that I have its like Im scared to eat a lot for the fear of gaining the weight back..Dont get me wrong, I dont go without eating or anything..And everytime I lose weight it seems to come off my legs. My legs are really toned and skinny so I feel kinda of unproportional. I also have a lot of extra skin on my abs and arms that doesnt seem to want to shrink up.

Anyway sorry for going on...Maybe I could email you a picture of me and you could tell me what you think or what I should be doing training wise..

Thanks---

Congrats on your weight loss! I understand your fear of gaining the weight back. I wasted 20 years of my life with an eating disorder (anorexia and bulimia) with my weight going up and down between 80 - 150. Eventually my weight stabilized, but it was a constant struggle, and it got worse when I hit my 30's, because it seemed no matter how much I exercised, the fat was creeping up.

But now here I am nearly 40 (in September), and I've reached goals I never dreamed of, thanks to this board. I didn't want to believe I actually needed to eat more and train less to reach my goals - that's what the board was telling me, but I had to do it to believe it.

The secret is muscle - building it and keeping it. Contrary to popular belief, muscle does not 'weigh more than fat'. Muscle IS denser than fat, which means a pound of muscle takes up LESS SPACE than a pound of fat - so that blows the whole 'muscle is bulky' thing right out of the water :D. The other good thing about muscle is that it's metabolically active, meaning it burns calories, just sitting there, but when you exercise, it REALLY burns calories, whereas fat pretty much just sits there. Even though I knew I needed muscle to help me burn fat, I was afraid to train with enough weight to really change my body, because I didn't want to be bulky.

Read this thread http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=202185
to see the picture that got me (and keeps me) inspired - if you can't see it, let me know.

Wow, FitFossil!! I saw those pictures of you on the other post. You look really good after going through all of that. I wish I had those arms! Have you ever taken anything at all to help you along? My legs are very similar to yours, but not my upper body at all!! Im also considering getting a breast reduction, but I have to wait 6 months because of accutane. Right now I wear a D and they really hurt my shoulder/back etc. They also make me look ever bigger up top..I just hate it..What is your diet like, protein, carbs, fat...What supplements do you take?

Top Bottom