Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you think of this workout routine?

brys0005

I've been working out, on and off, for a couple years now, and have just started up again. I am doing a full body, 3 times a week routine that consists of two groups that I switch off. I lift MWF and do cardio TTh.
Group 1:
Squats 3x6
Military Press 3x6
Pullups 3x6
Abs

Group 2:
Deadlifts 3x6
Flat Bench 3x6
BB rows 3x6
Hyperextensions 3x6
ABS

My chest has always been lagging behind the rest of my body, so what do you guys think about me adding a chest excercise into Group 1...I was thinking doing an incline press. This means that I will be doing my chest MWF...is this too much?

Looks good to me. You may want to reduce the sets in deads for the weeks that you deadlift 2x - could be a bit much.

I'd say to try it as laid out befpre adding stuff - you may find that overhead work and flat bench is plenty for chest stimulation. Chest is probably my weakest part aesthetically but it has improved all over with vitually no incline work. So try and see what happens to your chest just by getting a ton stronger on those two lifts (and don't miss any meals either :D)

OHP will target the clavicular head pretty well. Flat + OHP is a good combo. I see no reason to avoid subbing in other lifts over time though, if aesthetics is your goal. If you just want to be a big, fatass who lifts lots of weight, copy G5. ;)

Seriously though, it looks good. Give yourself a rep range to fall into, maybe. Maybe have cycles of exercises to use. Deadlifts 3x6 twice a week will bury you, though. I'd just cut them out entirely, honestly. Maybe do SLDLs to balance out the squats.

Yeah, dead lifting that much in one week may be really taxing on the nervous system. You will know pretty quick though if it is too much. Other than that it looks good. I would keep the OHP/push press and flat also instead of doing inclines.

Perp

The deadlift frequency will tax you if you're closer to an intermediate lifter. If you weigh 225lbs and are deadlifting 185x6, then I think it would be fine to progress with them linearly and pull often, plus if you're using 2 workouts on a MWF setup, there will be weeks where you only DL once. It is gonna be an individual thing, most total beginners can't pull enough weight to jack up the workload so much that it is too taxing. I would try it, if you feel run into the ground after a month you can adjust like the other guys suggested, but I have a feeling, that for the time being at least, you'll be okay pulling often. Once you start getting strong on the DL, you can't do them twice a week. Sometimes you just need to experiment, most of us have driven ourselves into the ground before, but most times, it is the only way to ever know your limits and know what it feels like to push them so you know when you need to back off.

I agree not to add anything....add some serious poundages to your flat bench and if you still feel your chest is sub-par in 6 months, you can look for extra work, but the experience of most people is when they actually work something correctly and consistently and get good at it, the area it works is no longer a weakness.

If i were u id put dips in group 1 before abs and instead of deadlifting twice in one week if you hit the cycle again in one one drop deads and add a set to every other lift i love those simple routines that helped me get ready for WESTSIDE!

Top Bottom