Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training advice to go with MMA

Judo Tom

Plat Hero
Platinum
Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me with some training advice.

I started training again in judo.. i train MWF 2 hrs a nite.

what type of lifting schedule would you guys recommend to go with this.

my diet is pretty good.. i get 8 hrs of sleep and i was getting good results with 4 or 5 day a week low volume routines before i started the judo .. now i need helpw with a schedule to work around the MWF judo classes...

what would you recommend?

PS DC style lifting routines do not work too well for me :(

i just need an increase in all areas to help with my judo.

strength is big i also have a few lbs to lose but diet will take care of that. Size is not a big issue but if it happens it happens.. but i think it will be hard for me to gain size while doing judo 3x a week..

i was thinking maybe 3x a week low rep 4 sets a muscle 3-5 reps each and 2 muscles a day?

well ive trained Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and let me tell you its very hard to lift 100% and be able to perform 100% in your martial art. You either sore or tired from one or the other. I would say just do cardo and pushups and situps, if you hit the weights you will see your performance in class drop, anyways good luck. And like Phil Baroni says "im the best eva, eva...im the man!"

Judo Tom I am of the opinion that pushups and situps are not a great overall strength enhancer. I know for a fact that the lion's den fighters lift hard and heavy. They use a lot of dinosaur training to buid functional and core strength as well as powerlifting and olympic lifting to build explosiveness and raw power. The question is at what level do you want to compete? If this is a weekend hobby then your training can be very simple but if you want to be the best then your strength development needs to be a priority.

IronLion said:
Judo Tom I am of the opinion that pushups and situps are not a great overall strength enhancer. I know for a fact that the lion's den fighters lift hard and heavy. They use a lot of dinosaur training to buid functional and core strength as well as powerlifting and olympic lifting to build explosiveness and raw power. The question is at what level do you want to compete? If this is a weekend hobby then your training can be very simple but if you want to be the best then your strength development needs to be a priority.

EXACTLY what i am looking to incorporate .. maybe i shouldve been more specific. Sorry..

I am just looking for some scheduling ideas that will work best and compliment each other.

I do work so i dont have the luxury of the pros to be able to train as much and sleep as much and all that but i am still REALLY dedicated so i will make time but i am not sure when to lift around my judo

I was thinking Tues/Thurs/Sun for lifting but im not sure if i should go full body on those days or perhaps just do a normal "old School" 3 day routine with low volume high intensity

any more ideas please keep them coming...

Top Bottom