Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat question!!! Please help!

georgeluis

I KNOW i have the right form in squatting, legs slightly more than shoulder width apart etc! I PROMISE the form is no problem.... yes I make sure my butt is outward not inward... I am NOT using too much weight either, as right now I am only started with the bar with no weight (maybe 5 pounds on each side, but I just started a week ago). Although I JUST started doing squats, I did A LOT of lunges or one legged squats...

ok, the problem!

You know the lower quad? Right above the knee? THAT muscle (on both legs) gets worked up more than ANYTHING else in my leg! I can feel that my butt is engaged but I CANNOT feel any burn.. AT ALL... in ANY area of the leg EXCEPT the lower quad. Then the next day I got DOMS but ONLY in my lower quad.... BUT... this is ONLY when I do two leg squat...

When I do a one leg squat, yes my lower quad gets worked, but also the ENTIRE leg (and it BURNS like heck) and I cannot walk after wards.. DOMS is REALLY bad for the next three to five days ... THIS is the burn that I want to feel when I do two leg squats.

But not when I do two legged squats!! What could be the problem?

My own theory is that since I JUST started doing TWO legged squats, having done ONE legged squats for a few months already streghtened everthing else BUT my lower quads not as much... am I wrong?

Please tell me! I have tried putting the weight MORE on the heel or less (experimented all around) and only lunges and one leg squats work the entire thing.... remember I just started doing TWO leg squats a few weeks ago.

Thanks in advance! I know its a long question!

It sounds like you don't have the right form in squatting. Without someone to instruct you in person some of Mark Rippetoes videos on you tube and his book Starting Strength may assist you.

Squats work a lot of different muscles. Your quads, hamstrings, glutes, back, and core. Play with your stance, the same thing doesn't work for everyone. You can try narrow, wide, shoulder width, or anywhere in between. Try pointing your feet different. I like stuff that hits the lower teardrop part of my quads, that's what needs size for me. I don't want my legs to be shaped like carrots. Do you?

Top Bottom