Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So do they actually grow when we sleep?

Mr-Emoji

People say all the time, and I have seen some guyshere on the forum say that as well, that sleeping is good for musclegrowth, and that the muscles grow while you sleep, not in the gymactually. Howcome? If you train in the gym, they should grow there –no? Why do I need to go to the gym then, if they grow while I sleep?

You tear your muscles down in the gym. Growth comes from recovery. You recover best during sleep. So the actual growth happens when you rest, from the act of tearing the muscles in the gym. It's a very important triangle. Diet, training, recovery. All important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you are in the gym training - you are actually breaking down your muscles. That's why a pump occurs. It's an inflammation and a stress response to your workout.

Your weight training session basically provides a stimulus to your body that says 'wow. we need to get our muscles bigger and stronger so the next time we go through such a hard workout, we are ready for it!"

Your body actually grows and repairs the muscles after your workout and primarily when you are sleeping.

Sleeping is when your body repairs and recovers. It's almost like when you take your body in for maintenance. Sleep is when the actual muscle growth occurs.

It is true actually, because it is precisely during your rest is when your muscles recover from the tears made during the training. Besides, such hormones as Growth Hormone and IGF-1 are produced at night, and they are crucial for proper muscle recovery. Basically, in the gym you tear them down, and at night they grow back again.

Muscles grow when they are repairing. They are broken down in the gym and then have to grow bigger and stronger in anticipation for the next training session. This is the cycle.

Top Bottom