Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shin Splints...

MaGilicuti

kinda off topic but i get these all the time. always have ever since high school when i play basketball or just run. does anyone know how to stop this pain?

yeah bro.....you should do toe taps.....when you just sitting there, start tapping your foot, it will take a while but they'll go away

got these kinda bad from too much hill running & uphill treadmill walking without stretching enough, and was occassionally skipping the toe-tap warm-up bigmag mentioned- a few deep massages on anterior tibialism (shin) muscle by a massage therapist help immensly- I could have never massaged it myself as hard as this guy did. The massage hurt itself, but relieved the pain.
I never leave out the stretching or warm up now- never get the pain anymore.
hope this helps

you could also do what some people call trigger points....what you do is find a knot in the muscle, and using your thumb or index finger, push down on it as hard as you can, this will release the knot. These knot is what's causing the pain. This does hurt really bad if you're doing it right, but I still prefer the toe taps.

thanks alot guys, i really appreciate all the advice. shin splints have been killing me forever. so toe taps huh, should i rest my heel on something and just tap or just let the foot hang? and i am definently gonna try that massage thing out

lately i've been getting alot of cramps in my calves and thighs, i don't know what's up my fucking legs

make sure u spend extra time stretching, also make sure u have enough salt in your bloodstream to help prevent cramping.

i run track and field, As a sprinter we get em all the time. Ice, heat ice heat. Repeat this process five minutes at each time for 30 mins. After that wear soccer socks to bed. Keeping the shin and msucle separation minimal.

Top Bottom