Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

read this (please)

Liberator

Ok

Ive read countless opinions on the fact that benching with the barbell is the king mass builder scientifically, but from opinions in the archives many say that it doesnt do anything for size compared to isolation exercises. Ive talked to people who say they never use the bar anymore for chest as its just ego.

So what is the score with the bar, is it just a macho tool or does it really build your pecs more so than dumbells or is it case of mixing them up again. Every person I have read that has problematic pec development does flat bb bench first and next to no dbell work.

Can someone answer this question or is it always going to be a case of 50/50 split between the two

I'm talking from bodybuilding point of view, I dont care how much weight you can lift, all I care about is which is the fastest muscle builder.

Flat barbell bench serves its purpose, but I never understand why people start with it.

The monsters in my gym always start with Incline Dumbbell, occasionally they use Incline Barbell.

The combo of Incline Dumbell and Flat barbell usually blitzes the chest just fine. And to destory your pecs, simply end with weighted dips, your chest should be toast after that.

But then again, who am I to listen to, they usually flame the shit out of me on this board for being a HITter.

Peace,
The Natural ONe

Yeah

I agree with you about the monsters, same here.

Ive seen some people doing flat bench first, but theyve been lifting the same weight since I started working out

Exactly the same, the people with most impressive chests always seem to start with inclines, and its nearly always dumbells

Besides, I think most if not everyone is weaker on the incline, focus on getting that stronger, and although technically a chest is a chest and you cannot exactly zero in on an area, the upper chest is what gives the appearance of having a huge chest. But that point is debatable.

Peace,
Mike

To each his own.
Find what works for you.
I don't use DB's that much do to a bummed wrist.

No matter what use a combination of lifts.

There is that opinion (to each his own) but i was just trying to get some constructive feedback

the incline comment is a definate, as I said, all the big guys do inclines first, guaranteed (well all that i have seen) and they look at the people that do flat bench first smiling to themself!!!!

i am a bench press advocate...they all serve their purpose,whether it's flat,incline and decline.for myself,i noticed a great improvement in my chest development,by staying w/ low reps(6) and using the heaviest weight,making sure i fail on the 6th rep.i have never gotten anything by doing crossovers,flyes,etc.presses and dips all the way for me,to maximize overload...hence,a BIGGER AND STRONGER CHEST!!!

Liberator said:

I'm talking from bodybuilding point of view, I dont care how much weight you can lift

GOOD! I'm glad you are getting to the essence of BB instead of ego-feeding. I see too many go astray this way.

JMO but...incline DB presses are the best pressing motion for chest. The inclined angle forces you to recruit more chest than shoulders (as opposed to flat bench) and the dumbbells allow for a further range of motion and a superior peak pec contraction at the top of the movement.

As far as flyes go, I prefer cables or pec deck over DB flyes. With DB flyes, the resistance dies at the top. But this is irrelevant if you are a newbie (I don't know if you are or not). I don't have any scientific evidence to back this up, but just from what I've witnessed in my years of training in various gyms is that newbies cannot seem to get as much out of flye/crossover exercises as opposed to a season lifter with a little more meat on their chest. Just an observation.

Top Bottom