Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"For the fun of it"

MidasMulligan

Tell me if you ever hear this:

"Don't you ever just [bike/walk/swim/play ball/*insert activity*] for the fun of it?"

I get this a lot, and truth be told I'm not even sure what it means. I am a competitive guy, raised in an athletic, competitive family... so maybe I'm the odd man out. I play basketball or pick-up soccer with friends, but you can be damned sure I'll be playing to win. I don't see the point in splashing around in a pool unless it's for a workout or game (water polo, volleyball...). I road bike for cardio, and other times ride around town for transportation; even then I bike hard to get where I am going. Seems like more work to go slowly.

I have fun doing lots of things, but I don't understand what the deal is with doing something "for the fun of it."

Discuss.

Note: on second thought, there is one type of activity I engage in "for the fun of it," but that's not relevent to this conversation.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

i like to be competitive as well... however, there are just some things im not that good at, and although i enjoy doing, i know im not going to win...
on the flip side, i do try my hardest to get better at these things as well...
i cant hit a fastball for shit... but i still go to the cages...
nothing wrong with having fun in a pool... i try not to take everything so seriously like that... nobody can win everything all the time, no need being frustrated over sports; pick up and play it another day...

lol

Yea Im very competitive too. I play to win. I think its genetic whether ur born with the "for the fun of it" gene or not

NGR I have that gene....!!!!!!!

Its still nice to let someone think they are badass at something while your relaxing and then "for the fun of it" show them how its done....lol

i hear that man.... i used to play competitive basketball and soccer, and now whenever i play pickup games with friends, i usually try pretty hard.... so do they though, so it's a nice environment.

anything I think Im good at I do it to win

if its a sport or game I suck at then Im not playing it with winning in mind because I know I wont win so whats the point :confused:

maybe I have the 'fear of failure' type of competitiveness rather than the 'need to achieve' competitiveness

Top Bottom