Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to Deadlifters: Anyone ever take a year off deadlifts?

Phreezer_Machine said:
6-8 hour deadlift and back training sessions??? hey bro, this is the internet.. if you want to claim that.. who am I to dispute you? Hell, I've got a 14" dick and I own a ferrari enzo too... we can all claim something outrageous can't we?

Mod@MesoRx
Mod@AnabolicUniverse

No need for me to lie. Whats the benefit to me? That kind of attitude isnt welcome here either. You might want to try a different approach...

So it's not allright around here that I don't believe you? Are you going to ban me or delete my posts because I don't believe a statement that you made and openly questioned you?

That's fair....

I'm sorry.. I'm not trying to flame one of the EF "mods" but I really don't believe that you train back for 6-8 hours.. I also don't believe that you max every week.. You're certainly not very knowledgable on training if you do... Is it crossing the line to question the advice and the statements that you give? :verygood:

Mod@MesoRx
Mod@AnabolicUniverse

Phreezer_Machine said:
So it's not allright around here that I don't believe you? Are you going to ban me or delete my posts because I don't believe a statement that you made and openly questioned you?

That's fair....

I'm sorry.. I'm not trying to flame one of the EF "mods" but I really don't believe that you train back for 6-8 hours.. I also don't believe that you max every week.. You're certainly not very knowledgable on training if you do... Am I crossing the line by questioning the advice and the statements that you give?

Never said I was going to delete your posts or ban you. But that kind of attitude isnt going to get you anywhere on the boards. Its fine to question or not believe me. But to make statements like "yea sure" and straight out disrespect will not be tolerated in the long run. Ive logged many of these routines in my journal. I cant see someone typing all that shit out to impress people online. Especially when I dont give a fuck what others think, but I will not be disrespected. I did max every week, and am not going to change the way I train for anyone but myself. When my routines fail me then Ill switch it up. Training this way I went from 405 deadlift to 510 in around 14 months. An increase Im satisfied with. Just because you disagree with my training methods is no reason to call me "unknowledgable". That is calling me out. And if you want to play that game, we can play that game. When have I disrespected you? Lets try to keep this a "discussion" board.

Try to get some sort of posterior chain work. Hams, lower back, hip flexors, glutes. Do as much as you can without making your injury worse. If you can squat, do it, even if it's only light weight.

JT Iron said:
Try to get some sort of posterior chain work. Hams, lower back, hip flexors, glutes. Do as much as you can without making your injury worse. If you can squat, do it, even if it's only light weight.

ThanX brother!! I plan to do alot of hyper extentions and Im sure Ill be deadlifting again as soon as I get the chance. ThanX again!!

WalkingBeast said:
Never said I was going to delete your posts or ban you. But that kind of attitude isnt going to get you anywhere on the boards. Its fine to question or not believe me. But to make statements like "yea sure" and straight out disrespect will not be tolerated in the long run. Ive logged many of these routines in my journal. I cant see someone typing all that shit out to impress people online. Especially when I dont give a fuck what others think, but I will not be disrespected. I did max every week, and am not going to change the way I train for anyone but myself. When my routines fail me then Ill switch it up. Training this way I went from 405 deadlift to 510 in around 14 months. An increase Im satisfied with. Just because you disagree with my training methods is no reason to call me "unknowledgable". That is calling me out. And if you want to play that game, we can play that game. When have I disrespected you? Lets try to keep this a "discussion" board.

You've got a bit of an attitude problem yourself.. but to each his own I suppose.. As to why people lie on the net.. they think it gives them credibility... it doesn't...and it never will, because the only people that it ever impresses are those members with no more or even less knowledge than themselves.....

I'm not new to powerlifting game, and I've been involved with collegiate sports and weight training for well over a decade..and I've been coming to these weight training boards for years.. so I know BS when I see it.. Spatt's has been a friend of mine (Personally, Not just in the Cyber world) for quite sometime now....and it's really sad that George replaced one of the most knowledgeable power lifting Mods on the net with the likes of you... You've only been on here a little more than six months...WTF? That's just sad

But to comment on your choice exercise....Hyper extensions won't really help your dead lift numbers go up... you need to strengthen your hip flexors like jt iron said... You need to Focus on pull throughs and Glute Ham raises... possibly reverse banded deadlifts to go along with Rack pulls.... strengthening your hips and hams will help your numbers more than hyper extensions ever will.. Maybe if you didn't do "Eight hour" workout sessions.. (lol) and Max every week (lol).. you wouldn't need to consider taking a year off from doing DL's...

But wait.. you already knew all of that right??? That's why your doing Hyperextensions to help your dead lift numbers increase....

And wrt TO calling you out... I've been helping athletes train since before you found your first "Tank top"... Posting crap like what you've posted above will only hurt younger athletes who come to these boards trying to learn about training and powerlifting....Some poor kid may try and implement your training regeme and end up injuring himself...It's crap like this that gives the sport a bad name.... Sorry, if your offended by me saying that you don't know very much about training.. and if stating the simple truth is disrespectful...then I guess I'm disrespectful,, But anytime you want to discuss training principles and methods with me.. that's fine... I've always been willing to help people learn in the past....And I'd probably even help a guy like you...

BTW, How did you ever earn the moniker of Mod when you don't understand something as simple as deadlifting?? What kind of Training forum Mod would need to post the question that this thread is about???

Last edited:
Hey Phreezer what's with the hostility? I think he was asking the question as a learning tool for everyone on the board. Just because he is a mod doesn't me he knows all. Spatts is also a friend of mine and she is always open to any question people ask without coming down on people for it. I am not trying to take anyones side here just wondering if there is something more behind this than just from the post.

By the way do I know you? Perhaps from TE or another board? You can pm me if you do want to answer any of my questions on the open board.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Yes.. you probably know me from TE ;).. I haven't been over there for awhile, I need to drop back in there.. I'll go post something over there in a sec.

I'm not trying to be overly hostile to this guy.. and there is certainly not more than what's obvious in this thread going on.. It's just ridiculous that he's posting the kind of information that he is.. and it's also more than obvious that this post is not a learning tool for the others.. if he were trying to do this.. He should have entitled this thread..how not to train deadlifts..

Come on bro.... When have you ever heard Burns or Tate advocate a 6-8 hour training session?... If this were the board that it was a year ago.. this walking beast charector would have been laughed out of this forum... He's obviously not a Powerlifter.. if so he's doing some routine I've never heard of.... This isn't close to any kind of MM or WSB training methods.. in fact they're just silly....

I'm sorry to come across so crash... and it may make me look like a jerk.. but he's just spouting off so much obvious misinformation it's ridiculous...

But you're probably right.. I do need to back off... I didn't realize that I was coming off like a total prick... just someone trying to help the newbs who might stumble on this thread..

Not even going to waste my time debating with you. You called me out and its done. Not once did I say I was a powerlifter. I know what has worked for me and that is what I present here. What does 6 months on the board have to do with my knowledge on lifting? Ive been lifting close to 10 years now, and that should be long enough to learn what works for me. Im eating alot more fat in my diet now, maybe we should meet?

Guys, maybe you both need to sweat off some of that test? ;)

We all know it's no fair for a mod to edit a thread once he's been posting in it as a regular member. We had to establish that the hard way, and nobody here is really happy about it.

It's also no fair to mock a mod and dare him to edit you. You don't have to kiss ass, but you don't get off treating a mod with less respect than you would a regular member, either.

You don't want mods who fight dirty. Neither do we. That's why we have admins.

Don't call "bullshit" unless you're willing to eat a plate of it when the guy proves you wrong.
-- Digger's Law.

Top Bottom