Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just Getting Back int he Gym.. some advice please

fmrock

Hey Everyone.....

I'm wondering you could help me set up a workout.

Here is a little background on me.

I'm a 23 year old white male. I'm 6'4" and 240lbs.
I haven't been in the gym for 2 years while I was finishing my college degree. Now my boss has recently given me a membership to golds gym as a perk.

My first 2 years of college I was on a baseball scholarship. I was a pitcher.

So what I would like to accomplish is to get my athletic build back. I'm a web programmer so I am sitting almost all day. It seems most of the weight I have put on is in my gut. That is also where all the men in my family hold there weight.

I am sure flattening my stomach will require diet and exercise.

Right now I don't eat that great.

I usually don't have breakfast (sometimes will have some toast), usually eat subway for lunch (closest place to office).. and for dinner what ever my fiancé or mom is cooking..

First goal I would like to accomplish is to flatten my stomach.

Also are any of the supplements worth me trying to help lose the stomach. I know my fiancé will give me a hard time if take any thing with ephedrine sp??? She works in the cath lab and with cardiologist's sp??

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well First thing first , Welcome to the forum. Now ,The easiest thing to point out is your eating habits. Breakfast is a must and from there continue to eat 5-6 small meals thru out the day( There are many post on diet here) The standard 1.5 to 2 grams protein per lb of lean body weight will supply your body with ample protein to use during the building of new muscle. Like you, I am a network engineer with a sedentary workday so a bit of cardio will go a long way in burning some unwanted calories. I do my cardio work in the morning before I eat my first meal. I think it is best to do cardio in an empty stomach and this gives me 9-10 hours before my workout. I too was just coming back to working out after many years of absence, I read alot of the post and settled on 5x5 workout and like it so far. Start out slow and build your way back up to using some heavy weights . Try different things until you discover what works for you. Good luck and glad you made it back to working out.

P.S You will find a wealth of knowledge and ideas on this forum. Some you will use, others you will not, but it is all here. Remember, everyone on this post is here for one basic thing and that is to gain better overall fitness .

Thanks for the reply.

Any specific exercises to help flatten the stomach besides crunchs, and lots of cardio.

I am trying to do atleast around 45 minutes on the cross trainer (eleptical) every time i go.

Im going to have to look around and see what you mean by a 5 x 5 work out.

Thanks for you input.

Top Bottom