Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I got a big chest but small arms

disisto00

I work out 5 days a week and I do exercise equally on all my muscle groups, therefore i should be gaining mass even. Since the human body is supposed to lose or gain weight even, so why in the hell my arms look smaller than my back and chest. I'm kinda barrel chested now, very big torso but arms lack the girth to look symmetrical. Should I stop working out on my back and chest for a while and focus more days on my arms?

The most common mistake I see when it comes to arm training is people using way too much weight. Your arms are very small muscles. If you are the barbell curl bar with plates, chances are the momentum and shoulders are what is lifting the weight, not your muscles.

In order to get your arms to grow, you really need to focus on the contraction and make sure that the target muscle is doing the movement. Not momentum or accessory muscles like shoulders/pecks.

The first time you train your arms during the week, I would train them very high volume, superset biceps and triceps and try to get as great of a pump as possible. The second time during the week you train them, I would train them with lower volume, but use heavier weights and big compound movements like barbell bicep curl, dumbbell hammer curl, machine preacher curl, narrow grip bench press, narrow grip dips and skull crushers. Take enough rest between sets to move as much weight as possible (with good form).

After each workout, deeply stretch your biceps and triceps for 10-15 minutes. It'll help stretch the fascia of the muscle and provide a huge growth stimulus.

could be what musky said or simply could be genetics

also you didn't list your workout but the best way to build arms are weighted pullups vs. standing in front of the mirror doing curls.

i see too many 11" bicep kids doing their curls and i want to grab them and walk them over to the pullup bar and tell them to do that for the next year and once they accomplish that then they can go back to mirin' themselves

Try incorporating supersets for biceps & triceps. Also focus on the contraction, as arm muscles do not require a lot of weight, but need more of a pump & concentration workouts.

Also, human body is not made to distribute the muscles evenly if you do not train them evenly

I think that most probably it is about genetics - some struggle with making the chest grow, whilst others have a hard time making their shoulders grow. It seems like you are one of those who has trouble making your arms grow. However, if you focus a bit more on them, you might get them to grow. If up to the moment you did not progress all too much with them, you might as well consider changing the way you train them.

When people think of arms for some reason they always think of biceps. Remember that the triceps are the much bigger muscle in the arm. You really want to focus on these. Just vary your routine and make sure you are eating enough to grow.

Top Bottom