Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how do you guys change up your weight lifting when you start cutting?

i would hold off on cutting drastically until after PCT is over. maybe even a few weeks after.

i just finished PCT and have cals really low, but still higher than they were at the end of my cutting cycle. im gonna switch to a full body 5x5 routine (a 9 week program), that was going around EF a few years back, while slowly trying to lose some fat and gain some strength, before lowering cals significantly again, and cutting hard.

i can link you to it, if you are interested. it is called "stronglifts advanced 5x5 SL5advanced" but its basically some shit madcow was pushing back in the day. its good because it provides an excel sheet to take all the guess work out lol

yeah can you send me that i did a search and got 5 pages of omega and then i just couldnt find it. im only cutting cause its summer time. im at about 14% bodyfat right now at 5'7 208 so im just looking to lose 8-10 pounds of fat to put me right around 10%. im not trying to get shredded, just wanna look decent for summer. my plan was to not cut ever till i got to 230 pounds but i need to get some puss lol cant be lookin like a tubby

hahha yeah dude you were 230 ripped? or more of an off season look? i was out of breath just walking out of hannafords carrying my groceries back to my truck. i think around 215-220 ripped is my ultimate goal.

i looked over this routine. i was kinda skeptical about squatting mon/wed/fri but wednesday is a light day so that makes sense. lifting 3 days a week though is never gonna work for me and im still trying to take a break from the barbell since im just about to be in a plateau as it is

hahha yeah dude you were 230 ripped? or more of an off season look? i was out of breath just walking out of hannafords carrying my groceries back to my truck. i think around 215-220 ripped is my ultimate goal.

i looked over this routine. i was kinda skeptical about squatting mon/wed/fri but wednesday is a light day so that makes sense. lifting 3 days a week though is never gonna work for me and im still trying to take a break from the barbell since im just about to be in a plateau as it is

3 days per week isnt enough for you? or too much?

im adding a 4th high rep superset arm pump day for fun, but nothing under 10 reps

and nah i wasnt ripped, i had the top 4 showing maybe, i was on cycle though so holding alot of water

this was around 3 years ago, its easy for me to be huge at that bodyfat, and i miss the strength and size, but i dont want to get that large again unless its lean and clean

http://s2.postimage.org/8l7l4axmu/latspread.jpg

either way 230 at 5'8 is pretty crazy, thats almost how i looked at my most bloated point of my cycle getting up to around 215. it was so hard to keep up with being hydrated, i was drinking a gallon of whole milk a day + 1 and a half gallons of water, sometimes 2

but yeah i need at least 5 days preferrably 6. i dont train just to get results, its also what i love to do and keeps me from going crazy lol. i like the idea of a arm pump day, i used to throw those in on fridays so id leave the gym looking like a beast before going out

either way 230 at 5'8 is pretty crazy, thats almost how i looked at my most bloated point of my cycle getting up to around 215. it was so hard to keep up with being hydrated, i was drinking a gallon of whole milk a day + 1 and a half gallons of water, sometimes 2

but yeah i need at least 5 days preferrably 6. i dont train just to get results, its also what i love to do and keeps me from going crazy lol. i like the idea of a arm pump day, i used to throw those in on fridays so id leave the gym looking like a beast before going out

im the same way, working out is my therapy, but sometimes you have to be smart about it for optimal results.

id rather have fewer days a week of amazing workouts, than 6 so/so days.

right now im lifting 5 days per week, and on cycle i lift 6 lol

Top Bottom