Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hiatus Hernia and squats/deadlifts

Rickson75

I have recently been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia. It’s not a major problem and certainly not one that requires surgery. However I’ve been advised to avoid lifting and bending. Bummer – that rules out squats and deadlifts – my major movements. Anyone got any ideas on how I could minimise the stress when doing these movements. I don’t do anything to directly work the abs as it is – no crunches or sidelifts. Does anyone else have this problem? Would a squat suit help – I don’t use one for training - or will I have to lift wearing a surgical corset?

If it doesnt rquire surgery then how long do you have to avoid squatting and deadlifting? Because i would not mess with it until i am healed. But if its not going to get better, then do all you can to avoid the excess stress. If you have a suit put it on. Keep your reps above 5. But i am not an authority that is just what i would. Actually if there not going to work on it, and you have to avoid squatting and deadlifting for ever then i would train normal let it bust and then fix it recupe and make a comeback. No really just take it easy for awhile.

Top Bottom