Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me make a routine for my dad :-)

skypilot

My Dad would really like to lose some weight, he's been overweight most of his life and it has really caused a lot of problems, including an irregular heart beat and back surgery.

He realized that I have been eating healthy and working out lately, and that I have transformed my figure pretty drastically (even though I was thin before) He just asked me last night to make a workout routine/schedule and diet/supplement regime for him that he can follow to lose weight and become more healthy overall.

Here are his stats:

53 Years Old
5'11"
280 Lbs
Over 30% BF I'm thinking, we haven't measure it, but it is VERY high.

Now he has a weak back because of surgery in January to releive a pinched nerve, so I would imagine he shouldnt be doing squats or deadlifts (Am I right to assume that?) and his irregular heartbeat would make me hesitant to reccomend an ECA stack to him. Am I right in those two assumptions?

He has a membership to Balley's in Auburn, WA. I use my school gym (I go to PLU in WA), but I have been to Balleys and they have a lot of free weights, machines, and cardio stuff. What kind of routine/diet/supplements would you all reccomend? Thanks a ton!

Considering his age, and his medical problems...I'd just start him off with some light cardio and maybe a little bit of free weight work. Just basic stuff like curls, push downs, leg extensions, stuff like that.

After he does that for a while he will probably be a little lighter decreasing the stress on his back.

Make sure he STRETCHES!!! stretching is HUGE for back problems.

i agree with bulldog. also, theres absolutely no reason for him to be using an eca stack. get him into the fitness lifestyle before putting supps in him.

goodluck.

Kurtz2 said:
i agree with bulldog. also, theres absolutely no reason for him to be using an eca stack. get him into the fitness lifestyle before putting supps in him.

goodluck.

Yup:)

many people who have a sudden change in their entire lifestyle often quit after a couple weeks tops. make gradual changes with diet, and get him active. first steps would be to introduce him to the gym and have him cut out crap foods (soda and sugars/sweets, etc.). dont cut them out totally but gradually go down to 1 per day max, while also getting him involved in some sort of cardio (racqutball?) that he enjoys. basic free weight motions as have been mentioned.

I would consult his doctor first to find out how intense he believes your dad can go. Then it would be easier to design a workout plan once we knew his limitations for sure.

Make sure it is a fast total body workout maybe three times a week with three other days where he is doing some kind of active thing that he LIKES. If all he likes to do is sit on the couch and watch sports try and get him to coach one or something.

jeremys made a good point as well, make sure you don't scare him away.

Top Bottom