Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Core workouts

morphanos

What do you guys do to strengthen your core for those heavy lifts? Right now im just doing weighed situps and hyperextensions

i do a weighted twist thing when doing situps for my obliques. situps hyperextension squats deads. i dont have a cable machine to do some of those kinds of exersices. hippy yoga shit with ankle weights. leg raises and idk, other hippy things with ankle weights

i only do the ankle weight yoga shit to help develop my lower abs and the fuck lines. i fucked up my back real bad. couldnt squat or deadlift. started with no weights on hyperextensions/situps/twist situp things and that is what really made getting back into squatinf and dls alot easier. i started my rehab again in january then started adding weights as i felt comfortable. so 6 months ago i could barely move. gonna see how squating 315 for 5 reps goes tonight. my dl is still only at about 245. taking it quite tentative with the back injury and all. but those made a phenomenal difference in getting back into it.

lol @ hippy yoga shit

I would do some hanging leg raises, hanging like you are in a dead hang about to do a pullup. keep your legs straight and lift them till they are parallel with the floor while keeping your upper body still.

Get good at those and start putting some weight in between your ankles

do you feel your core is the weak part during your squats/deads? is that why you want to improve it? i think weighted decline situps, pulldowns, and planks will suffice.

i dont think my core is the weakest part of my squat and dl, i just want to know if having a stronger core would help me past some plateaus

Top Bottom