Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cns fatigue recovery

kalb

Hi I am a new member but not new to the site and I've decided to post since there are many knowledgeable people here.

I made a stupid decision to include some powerlifting to my bodybuilding routine just when my body needed some rest. After 4 weeks of pushing hard and doing singles every week (deadlift, bench, squat) the cns fatigue symptoms started to show. I felt sick occasionally, some fatigue, joint pain but I totally ignored them because I had no idea about cns fatigue.

After nearly 4 other weeks, the symptoms just got worse (felt totally drained, eye burns, very exhausted, difficulty to concentrate, insomnia, typos) so I did my research and knew it was cns fatigue.

I have now accomplished my second week away from gym and I am recovering slowly but just when I felt I will be able to hit back the gym in few days, I had a bad fever.

Im wondering how I will be able to figure out that I have totally recovered? Is it as soon as I feel normal again? Has anyone experienced somehow the same? When to tell I can come back?

This isnt a science because genetics, workout variability all influence responses and those responses are interpreted by experience and personality. That being said, there are specific things to help with heavy lifting. For feeling better and getting rid of nausea: Black tea. Proven to help with keeping well and reducing muscle soreness(studies done at Harvard). Take zinc in the evening, max 50 mg/day. Eat magnesium rich food to counterbalance the zinc. Take 5 gm creatine monohydrate per day. Save your money and buy the creatine at walmart. Body Fortress creatine works great. Make sure you get enough sleep. Another thing that helps with strength is the Bible/Book of Mormon. Examine all these things: Chess playing/black tea/supplementation/scripture study. They work for me. I specifically play chess during 2 minute rest intervals. Yesterday I warmed up with 395 for 9 reps on deadlifts, pause at bottom after each rep, then 2 more sets of the same weight, 6 reps. Been studying the Uogele variation of the Sicilian defense in chess and I studied this, moving the pieces around on the board, following the book moves while resting after the deadlifts. I dont have any more poundage at home, otherwise I would lift more. After I finished the 3 deadlifting sets I did 4 more sets of snatches(Im a beginner on this one) with 75 for sets of 4 reps, working on technique(only 2 months experience so far, although I have lifted off and on since 1987). Try some of these ideas, see if they work. The ideas may seem ridiculous and laughable, but they work for me.

Top Bottom