Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bowflex dumbbells vs Powerblocks

I think both are great alternatives (And space savers) in the home gym environment. But have any of you used either of these. If so which did you think worked best overall?

I personally use and recommend the powerblocks. Did you own both?
I owned some PowerBlocks. They were great space savers. Went up to 125 lbs and sat in a 2' x 2' area. They take a little bit of getting used to though. Your hand is down inside them and its sorta like having some robotic looking attachment on your hand. Now - since you are in your homegym it isnt like there are people staring at you or something. So you get used to them. I dont recall any downside to them other than that. I didnt ever throw them around so Im not sure how durable they are for that. As I recall, the ends of them are made of plastic, so I would think they would crack if you throw them down too often.

I have seen the bowflex dumbells but never used them.

I owned some PowerBlocks. They were great space savers. Went up to 125 lbs and sat in a 2' x 2' area. They take a little bit of getting used to though. Your hand is down inside them and its sorta like having some robotic looking attachment on your hand. Now - since you are in your homegym it isnt like there are people staring at you or something. So you get used to them. I dont recall any downside to them other than that. I didnt ever throw them around so Im not sure how durable they are for that. As I recall, the ends of them are made of plastic, so I would think they would crack if you throw them down too often.

I have seen the bowflex dumbells but never used them.

I do agree on the 'getting used to' part. Nothing wrong with looking a little different than everyone else either... robot hand and all. But I guess in general, a lot of people do have an issue with people given them weird stares at the gym.

Know of any similar dumbbells to these two?

I do agree on the 'getting used to' part. Nothing wrong with looking a little different than everyone else either... robot hand and all. But I guess in general, a lot of people do have an issue with people given them weird stares at the gym.

Know of any similar dumbbells to these two?
Well at the time I had them I was training in a gym in my office. So no one around to stare but yea you know what I mean.

I just googled Power Block Dumbells and got a couple competitor's products:

Quick Lock Dumbbell System

Adjustable Dumbbells Dumbbells

Thanks Schutzhundk9

Never seen these before. I'll give them a look for sure. Maybe I'll start training people with these if they are good.

I sell equipment and the most durable and effective from my experience are powerblocks.

Seems like I had a good first pick mthen... well, not really, as I've been trying different weights over a period of time. I just review the good stuff when it comes around. What other equipment would you recommend at present... new things on the market?

Top Bottom