Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps Workout

BenBen

Hey,
I train my Biceps 2 times a week. I go for strength and mass, so I use 40lb DB's (6-10 raps). After each set ( I do 4 to 5 of those) I immediately take 17lb and do 21's for Total burn.
My question is: By using the 17lb, do I "Ruin" my goal to build mass?
I do get bigger but not as I would like to. I don't use supplements, so that may be the problem.
10x
Bye.

growth takes time...you wont have 18" arms over night.

only use supplements if you donthave access to real food.
not instead of real food.

hey,
Well, I have been training for 4 years, 2 years with heavy weight (well at least it is for me) Problem is I do not grow the way I want, so I was thinking that maybe the 21's turned my Strength Workout into a Toning one.
I think I shall buy a Bar. what do you recommend, EZ or regular?
Bye.

Buy both if you can. But if you can only get one then go with the EZ bar.

and No, the 21's re not scewing you in any way IMO. Just keep hittin the heavy weights and you will grow.

what does the rest of your workout regime consist of..if you aint growing, try working biceps once a week instead.

hey,
my body weight is: 158lb, 5.75ft
Here is my bi's workout
4*6-10 with 40lb, in between I do 21's with 17lb
3*40lb--->35lb concentration curls
3*40lb hammer curls, in between I do 10 raps with 17lb
spider curls, 3*25lb.
I do this twice a week.
my biceps remain 15''
Why do you recommend I this only once a week?
10x
Bye

BenBen said:
Hey,
I train my Biceps 2 times a week. I go for strength and mass, so I use 40lb DB's (6-10 raps). After each set ( I do 4 to 5 of those) I immediately take 17lb and do 21's for Total burn.
My question is: By using the 17lb, do I "Ruin" my goal to build mass?
I do get bigger but not as I would like to. I don't use supplements, so that may be the problem.
10x
Bye.

Why only 2x per week?

Biceps take 24 hours to recover. You are
working out as if it takes your biceps 3-4 days to recover. PAL, I have learned that unless you do 102 sets for arms, 24 hours is plenty enough.

Train biceps EACH DAY. I dont undertstand. Why train biceps 2 days per week and let them be idle for 5 days? You dont train chest once per month. do you? That how it ffeels for your bis!

The only obstacle is the mind. Irt can be ridiculous to go to gym 7 days per week. Well, suck it up pal - you are bodybuilder!!! yEh!

Re: Re: Biceps Workout

SSAlexSS said:

Why only 2x per week?

working out as if it takes your biceps 3-4 days to recover. PAL, I have learned that unless you do 102 sets for arms, 24 hours is plenty enough.

Train biceps EACH DAY. I dont undertstand. Why train biceps 2 days per week and let them be idle for 5 days? You dont train chest once per month. do you? That how it ffeels for your bis!

The only obstacle is the mind. Irt can be ridiculous to go to gym 7 days per week. Well, suck it up pal - you are bodybuilder!!! yEh!

jury plz disregard this last comment.

anyway to answer your question, unless you arent dieting properly big biceps dont grow overnight, as said earlier. patience is the key in my opinion, dont get frustrated just be patient.

Re: Re: Biceps Workout

SSAlexSS said:

Why only 2x per week?

wtf???:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Hey,
Train biceps EACH DAY
Dude, it takes me about an 60-75 minutes to workout my Bi's and tri's. I can't do this every day, I fill pretty sore the day after, and anyway I have to workout other parts.
I agree with being patience though. Besides it's not the size that counts:D.
10x all
Bye

Top Bottom