Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Shoes for Squats?

If your heels are already lifting, I would think that a flatter sole would make the problem worse. I would get a pair of shoes with a hard sole. I personally use my red wing work shoes. The shoes (not the boots) have a hard sole and not too much of a heel. The boots have a large heel. They also come in wide sizes, which is good for me because I can't squeeze my foot into a pair of chucks. The heels lifting are from lack of flexibility in the hams and or hips. I hold a heavy dumbell and bend over at the hips to stretch my hams before working out.

If your heels are already lifting, I would think that a flatter sole would make the problem worse. I would get a pair of shoes with a hard sole. I personally use my red wing work shoes. The shoes (not the boots) have a hard sole and not too much of a heel. The boots have a large heel. They also come in wide sizes, which is good for me because I can't squeeze my foot into a pair of chucks. The heels lifting are from lack of flexibility in the hams and or hips. I hold a heavy dumbell and bend over at the hips to stretch my hams before working out.

How can you NOT squeeze your feet into a pair of Chucks? I'm pretty sure sasquatch can manage that somehow!

I guess Sasquatch has skinny little ballerena feet? I guess I could "Squeeze" into them but after the canvas stretches out, my feet would be hanging off the sides of the sole. Seroiusly, I wear a 4e wide shoe. I also forgot to mention that the redwing store had a machine that scans the bottom of your feet and they use the data to make custom insoles. I had a falling arch on my left foot and the insoles were made to compensate for that. It's like poor man's orthopedic shoes.

I used to squat and deadlift with some nike running shoes.

I just purchased a pair of flat soled shoes from Payless. It was $25.00. I've already noticed a difference in my deadlifts. Haven't squatted yet, but I bet it will make it easier.

Oly shoes were the best money I spent on gym equipment. The heel and the hard sole make them ideal squat shoes. I wear them for squats (all variations), deads, and oly lifts. The Do-win shoes are probably the best deal out there.

I just purchased a pair of flat soled shoes from Payless. It was $25.00. I've already noticed a difference in my deadlifts. Haven't squatted yet, but I bet it will make it easier.[/quote]

+1..........I was buying my daughter some cheap swimming shoes from payless and saw that Airwalk makes some knockoff Chucks for a decent price. Still too narrow for me, but they also had some low top suede "skater" shoes by Airwalk that were pretty wide and had a flat sole. I used to skate when I was younger and owned plenty of Airwalks and they were great shoes. Very similar to Vans. Now if I could only still buy Vision Street Wear shoes?

Top Bottom