Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best powerlifting exercises to start with?

crimson coal

I have been working out for quite awhile and am pretty strong. My weight is about 265 now and I am finding out I will never be a ripped bodybuilder and am more interested in getting as big as I can. What are the best basic powerlifting moves to accomplish this? Only draw back is I work around a fucked lower back. Is there any hope for me? I have been watching worlds strongest man contest lately and Sven Carlson intreagues me.

its a shame because two of the three main movenments involve the lower back to a great degree.
how screwed is your lower back?
can you stiff leg deadlift? can you good morning? do you need surgery?

Most powerlifting programs i have seen work the main three lifts.....so you would be hammering your lower back all the time....maybe not so good.

there is a method called the conjugate method.
it is designed to build speed and strength in the three main lifts.....but it doesnt utilise the bench squat and deadlift much.....mostly for speed work (done at a low percentage)

it also works on rehabing and pre-habing injurys and posible overload injurys.

it focuses alot on your core and glutes hamstrings building them up to amazing strength.

so do you think you can handle the back work:
http://www.testosterone.net/html/133per.html

thats a basic run down for you........have a read of it

my L5 and S1 are pretty screwed (where back meets butt) put me outta skydiving. I think if most use lower back i'm screwed then.

Unfortunately almost all the feats of strength on World's strongest man use your lower back to a great degree. Powerlifting is all about low back strength and without that good foundation all the basics suffer. I would workout and lift what you can and see what records of your own you can break :) I know I am in the same boat with a phucked up lower back and it sucks big ass!

Hey man I don't have one but a reverse hyper is a machine used for powerlifting to strengthen the lower back also it's been known to rehabilitate the lower back. You can probably buy one at www.elitefts.com About powerlifting routines these guys are right alot of lower back is used in the main lifts and "extras".

Funny, Yea I'll get right on that and pull it outta my @$$. Well hey endpoint I wasn't sure if he was in a $$situation or not, but I know reverse hypers are good for lower back injuries.

Aparently there is nothing better.

in australia i watched a currect affairs show on back problems.....they said if you dont get surgery get a reverse hyper. It wasnt the westside one but something fairly similar.

they are not avaliable for sale in my country yet.

I reckon if i get postage it will be double the amount of money. i just ordered the westside pakage.....and it cost $179 for the package and $93 for the postage.

If you can afford one GET IT NOW!(the reverse hypers i mean......and the videos if you have money left over)

Top Bottom