Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench Press is a back excersise also ???

I get what your saying about the exersise side of your comment, and it makes sense. But, I would beg to differ on your comment about taking the advice of guys that can lift more than me. Too Many variables in why someone could be stronger than me. Just got home from the gym and watched everyone elses bench. Watched a huge dude do bench press really sloppy (IAW said videos in posts) and then go to to dumbell press and squirm around. Yes hes bigger and stronger than me, but i was nervous for him.
Gym advice I take with a grain of salt, Hence, me asking on here and doing some more research. Just cuz a guy is Jacked, doesnt make him wiser than me. IMO

I get it...just pick and choose and learn from everyone that you can. I get a lot of bench press advice from guys who bench 800+ on a regular basis and they get advice from me on the squat and deadlift (since I'm a pretty decent Squatter and Deadlifter). You have to make sure they can REALLY lift it to be stronger than you in a lift. Take advice, sift through it, find what works.

Definitely like to plant my feet firmly on the floor, arch the back a little when lifting heavier weight, I feel like it provides more support.

Putting feet on the bench and not arching back seem to isolate the chest really well.
Do what works

Nice, take a single, minor, point he said out of context and focus on it.

B Fold said, maybe you should take advice from people who put up numbers on the bench that you consider heavy with relative ease. He obviously meant take advice from someone who practices good form on the bench with heavy numbers. He shouldn't have to explain that you should not take advice from the big dumbass with sloppy form who squirms around with dumbbells.

Stop being a duesh and help him help you.

Big thumbs up on this comment.

I get what your saying about the exersise side of your comment, and it makes sense. But, I would beg to differ on your comment about taking the advice of guys that can lift more than me. Too Many variables in why someone could be stronger than me. Just got home from the gym and watched everyone elses bench. Watched a huge dude do bench press really sloppy (IAW said videos in posts) and then go to to dumbell press and squirm around. Yes hes bigger and stronger than me, but i was nervous for him.
Gym advice I take with a grain of salt, Hence, me asking on here and doing some more research. Just cuz a guy is Jacked, doesnt make him wiser than me. IMO

Quote posted by miked8c
Nice, take a single, minor, point he said out of context and focus on it.

B Fold said, maybe you should take advice from people who put up numbers on the bench that you consider heavy with relative ease. He obviously meant take advice from someone who practices good form on the bench with heavy numbers. He shouldn't have to explain that you should not take advice from the big dumbass with sloppy form who squirms around with dumbbells.

Stop being a duesh and help him help you.

1. I addressed both of his points.
2. If someone can lift more with ease doesnt make him A PRO... as I stated. Size does not = skill.
3. I Got what he was saying crystal clear and He understood what I said/\above/\ crytstal clear and told me to pick and choose.
4. And since the Gym advice guy wasnt benching so I couldn't gauge his expertise form. And blindly follow.
5. You chime in calling me a DOUCHE not knowing I sent him Karma, thanking him for his Advice.
6. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, I'm just not around a lot and when I do people forget my sense of humor, how thick my skin is, and that I've been around long enough to accomplish and learn a thing or two about training.

Sorry guys, I'm just not around a lot and when I do people forget my sense of humor, how thick my skin is, and that I've been around long enough to accomplish and learn a thing or two about training.
is that an invitation for PM advice on various Training questions? because i'd be in on that.

is that an invitation for PM advice on various Training questions? because i'd be in on that.

It's an invitation for anyone to post anything in an open forum and I'll do my best to answer it...type of thing. No reason to go private with anything...that is why it's an open forum.

Top Bottom