Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody on here had any mma fights?

TheN1ghtmare21

Platinum
Im about to start training camp for my first fight. Just wanted to know if anybody had any experiance/tips with how one of those goes.

Im about to start training camp for my first fight. Just wanted to know if anybody had any experiance/tips with how one of those goes.

I am the Jits trainer at a MMA Club in BC Canada. I have a Black Belt in Japanese Jiu-Jitsu and Judo and a brown belt in BJJ. (Machado) We have over 10 pro fighters and too many amateurs. lol

Here's what it looks like for our guys.. (we are very well known for our cardio)

Mon-Thurs.

Bag Rounds: 6 x 5 min rounds on the bag w/ a 30sec rest in between rounds. Rounds consist of both standup and ground punching. Some rounds are just kicks some both hands and feet you get the idea.

Mon & Wed. Jits class as well. :)
Tues & Thurs. 5 rounds w/ our boxing coach focusing on technique. This is after bag rounds!

Friday: Wrestling/ Jits/ Take downs etc. 5 x 5 minute rounds w/ a new person coming in every minute w/ a 30 sec break in between rounds.

Saturday: 6 x 5 min sparring, new person every minute.

Now to be honest, you need to work yourself up to this type of regime. Most newbs puke the 1st few times out.. Most of the newer guys start out w/ 3 rounds, not 5 or 6.

I am happy to answer any questions you have..

Where are you fighting out of? Weight Class etc.

I dont want to speak out of turn here,,,or speak up for other guys
but I know we have some high level MMA guys on here.

i would do something like ezekial says. if you are going into a tournament with 3 5 minute rounds and a 1 minute break in between. train for 5 minutes with a 1 minute break for double the amount of rounds. i had some crazy butterflies my first fight. that was the hard part. once the adrenaline took over it was alright. 2nd and 3rd fights that night were great minus the fact i got rocked in the 3rd one

well when i fight in kyokushin it can be easier because not only are their weight classes but belt classes too. although now if i were to fight i would be in an open class for my weight which is all belts, mostly blacks. i was very fortunate tho to have phenomenal trainers and a 3 time canadian heavy weight open class champion (2nd place this year) as a training partner. my last tournament was about 20 months ago.. 2 years in may. 3rd in mens open class lightweight. and this was a pretty big sized tournament. i have won a few small tournaments here and there. and i mean every body has a certain set of skills. the biggest thing i noticed that affected people was cardio. kyokushin is bare fist, bare shin full contact and is pretty damn brutal. its only 2 minutes plus an extra minute if it seems to be tied. but alot of people gas out early. make sure your not tensing up and holding your breath. and u might ur first fight. it is nerve wracking. lots of people especially lesser experienced ppl come out with a couple flurries and then boom they are huffin and puffin. now kickboxing im alot newer too, only a couple years and wow there are some good people. i think for mma tho, it would be best to know your opponents strength and stay away from that, and fight to yours. i know easier said than done. ive never done mma only karate or kickboxing specific tournaments and i started learning a little bjj before i spent the last year and half injured and getting surgery done. train ur hardest, try and relax ur first fight. breathe. get ur cardio up, breathe and remember to breathe. find the most experienced fighter you know and see how u do against him. fight a guy in a bigger weight class for a real challenge. and good luck. one punch is all it takes whether u r a first timer, a veteran, a legend or the fucking champ

or one submission if thats your strength. look at how fedor emelianenko was taken out couple of months/year ago by armbar i think. noone thought that was gonna happen

I train and compete...

The biggest thing is cardio when you are training. You have to have solid technique as well but soooo many people are not fight fit and training for it is a bitch. Second, nerves...going into a public forum and the hype can gas you out by itself. Mind training is key. you have to stay fairly calm but prepared. Experience helps with this. Also starting to kick the guys ass relaxes you as well.

LOL

one of my least favorite things about mma is 'camps' So many guys around here slack off for long periods of time and then try to make up for it with camps. Now I know you need a good camp but IMO you should walk into camp in great shape. Ready to peak in a few weeks or whatever.

If its your first fight no worries one way or the other use it as a learning experience. Does your trainer / camp have experience getting guys ready for their first fight? Getting someone ready for their first fight is different then getting someone ready for their 5th, 10th, etc etc

How long have you been training? Whats your background?

Top Bottom