Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your favorite meal replacement products

jetgirl

Hi there, I was wondering if you could clue me in on the best skakes, bars and powders. I am trying to lose some fat so I prefer low-fat products. I am not a heavy lifter, though I do a lot of yoga and cardio, so I doubt I need over 100 gams of protein a day. I am hoping for the highest concentration of vitamins, minerals, and suppleents possible. It doesn't have to be delicious, but palatable would be nice. Thank you in advance for your time.

There is no miracle shake. Taste wise I like optimum, designer protein and ironman.

The advice you'll probably get is to lift, lift and well lift.

If your main goal is fat loss, you want to lift to build your muscle and metabolism along with 5 or 6 small balanced meals.

Low-fat products also aren't a miracle cure, they are usually loaded with extra carbs to make up for the low amounts of fat.

ISOPURE meal replacement shake, Peanut Butter chocalte swirl, also Lean Body peanut butter is good.

jetgirl said:
I am trying to lose some fat so I prefer low-fat products.
Not eating fat is not the way to lose fat. Your body needs fat. You need it for healthy hair, skin, nails, absorption of vitamins, satiety, & feeling full & satisfied. Eating as little fat as possible will set you up for failure.. particularlly if you're not eating "clean" & you're eating lots of processed foods. Low fat foods typically have extra sugar (so they taste good) -- if there's anything you want to banish totally from your diet, it's sugar, not fat.

For getting enough "vitamins & minerals" your best bet is REAL FOOD... your body utilizes vitamins from real food more efficiently. Plus if you eat fruits & veggies for vitamins, you also get the benefit of fiber in your diet. A hi-fiber diet reduces the risk of heart disease, makes you feel more full & keeps you regular.

How many grams of protein you need a day is somewhat related to how many calories you're eating. The reccomended split for an athlete is 40% calories from carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein. Bodybuilders eat more like 40-60% pro--- but the total caloric intake you need will impact the total # of grams you need.

-Gladi

jetgirl said:
Hi there, I was wondering if you could clue me in on the best skakes, bars and powders. I am trying to lose some fat so I prefer low-fat products. I am not a heavy lifter, though I do a lot of yoga and cardio, so I doubt I need over 100 gams of protein a day. I am hoping for the highest concentration of vitamins, minerals, and suppleents possible. It doesn't have to be delicious, but palatable would be nice. Thank you in advance for your time.
best bars are pure pro bars by ABB and nitro tech smores bars-

I :loveyou: Pure Protein Chewy Chocoloate Chip

I really really like Met-Rx Bavarian Mint (34g protein 13gcarbs and super tasty).

I haven't had one in a while....DAMN now I'm going have to go buy one :mad:

:)

VooDoo Lady said:
I :loveyou: Pure Protein Chewy Chocoloate Chip

I really really like Met-Rx Bavarian Mint (34g protein 13gcarbs and super tasty).

:lmao: I think I was the only one who actually *read* jetgirl's post! I would have expected some words of wisdom from you, Dear, given her comment about not eating fat in order to lose fat.

VDL.. where do you find the Bavarian Mint? I've never seen them in GNC (no, I take that back, I've seen their "After FX" with glutamine or something, but not the regular ones.) I've only gotten mint at the local Superfresh Super store. THe chocolate fudge ones are good with Peanut Butter!!!

I've also never seen Pure Protein chewy Choc chip :confused: and I keep my eyes peeled for it.

Gladiola said:

VDL.. where do you find the Bavarian Mint? I've never seen them in GNC (no, I take that back, I've seen their "After FX" with glutamine or something, but not the regular ones.) I've only gotten mint at the local Superfresh Super store. THe chocolate fudge ones are good with Peanut Butter!!!

I've also never seen Pure Protein chewy Choc chip :confused: and I keep my eyes peeled for it.

Gladiola, look in the phone book or on the internet for locations for "The Vitamin Shoppe" (vitaminshoppe.com...I think). They are opening new ones all the time and I'm fairly sure there will be one near you (have stores in Owings Mills, Lutherville, Columbia, Gaithersburg, Rockville...to name a few)
They have every protein bar imaginable and you can buy them in bulk also if you wish. Plus everything is at least 20-30% off retail. I buy many of my supplements, MRP's, and bars there..check it out...I'm sure they're cheaper than GNC or Super Fresh :)

Top Bottom