Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WW's New SUMMER Log ...

Leg Workout

• SQUATS - So frustrated here. Can't figure out where I should be!! Weight is all over the place-
Warm up with bar + 50 lb x 12
Bar + 70 lbs x 10
Bar + 90 lbs x 10
Bar + 140 lb x 6 - cheated on the last one

• Sit-ups - 5 SETS
20 / 30 / 40 / 30 / 20

• PLATE LOADED LEG EXT -
45 lb x 16
55 lb x 15
65 lb x 15

• CALF RAISES on stairs -
Bodyweight x 40
Bodyweight x 40
Bodyweight x 45

• LEG PRESS -
270 lb x 12
270 lb x 11
360 lb x 6
360 lb x 5

• Oblique CRUNCHES - 4 sets
15 each side / 20 each side / 15 each side / 15 each side

Meal 5 ~ DINNER ~ Was gonna add some marinara sauce & parm cheese to my boca burgers but I freakin' broke a nail opening the cheese container so I said frig it ~ took it as a sign not to eat it. ;)

Meal 6 ~ Was hungry as I figured I'd be - Whey with 1/2 cup skim milk

:) TUES NOV 7 ~ FOOD & TRAINING :)
FOOD: Low(er) Carb Day
TRAINING: AM - Arms, AFTERNOON - Cardio

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Arm Workout - 6:15 AM
• Standing DB Curls –
Warm up w/15 lb x 12 each arm: TW 30 lbs
17.5 lb x 14: TW 35
20.0 lb x 12: TW 40
22.5 lb x 9: TW 45

• Seated Incline DB Tricep Ext –
12 lb x 15: TW 24
12 lb x 16: TW 24
15 lb x 16: TW 30

• Barbell curls – This is were I feel so freakin' weak!
30 lb x 16
45 lb x 10
45 lb x 9.5

• Tricep Cable –
40 lb x 20 <too lite>
50 lb x 15
50 lb x 14

• Bicep Cable w/rope –
30 lb x 20
40 lb x 15
40 lb x 15

30 minutes brisk walking on lunch break

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meal 1 @ 7:30 AM
30 gram vanilla whey
1/3 cup pumpkin
4 oz skim milk, ice

Meal 2 @ 11:30 AM or 12 PM
4 oz chix breast with Salt Free McCormick's
Tbsp or two or marinara sauce & sprinkle of parm. cheese
1 cup green beans

Meal 3 @ 3 or 3:30 PM
Can Tuna, tbsp Nayonaise
Celery & Onion
1 cup romaine lettuce

Meal 4 @ 7 or 7:30 PM
4 oz chix breast with Salt Free McCormick's
1-2 cup winter mix veggies (broccoli/cauliflower)

Meal 5 @ 9:30 or 10 PM
1/2 cup cottage cheese or
Whey shake w/water or skim

:jarswim: Water Total * 1-liter down, 2+ to go * :jarswim:
:chomp: Low(er) Carb Day Totals: 1345 Calories :chomp:
Fat: 28g @ 20%
Carbs: 47 @ 12%
Protein: 220 @ 68%

WoNderWoMan25 said:
Leg Workout

• SQUATS - So frustrated here. Can't figure out where I should be!! Weight is all over the place-
Warm up with bar + 50 lb x 12
Bar + 70 lbs x 10
Bar + 90 lbs x 10
Bar + 140 lb x x 6 - cheated on the last one

• Sit-ups - 5 SETS
20 / 30 / 40 / 30 / 20

• PLATE LOADED LEG EXT -
45 lb x 16
55 lb x 15
65 lb x 15

• CALF RAISES on stairs -
Bodyweight x 40
Bodyweight x 40
Bodyweight x 45

• LEG PRESS -
270 lb x 12
270 lb x 11
360 lb x 6
360 lb x 65

• Oblique CRUNCHES - 4 sets
15 each side / 20 each side / 15 each side / 15 each side

Meal 5 ~ DINNER ~ Was gonna add some marinara sauce & parm cheese to my boca burgers but I freakin' broke a nail opening the cheese container so I said frig it ~ took it as a sign not to eat it. ;)

Meal 6 ~ Was hungry as I figured I'd be - Whey with 1/2 cup skim milk

with the squats is it because sometimes you can do more and sometimes you have to do less? I find that depending on the order of where I do my squat (beginning or end of workout) what I eat that day or the day before greatly impedes or helps my squats. It it isn't that at all ignore my random thoughtLOL.

*Bunny* said:
Nice job WW. Both w/o's ...

CK just my $.02 but I would not do squats at the end of the workout.

sorry to jack your thread ww, why? I want to make the most of my workouts. My trainer was giving them to me but instead of 4x10 it was only 2x10 front and back at the end,

ck2006 said:
sorry to jack your thread ww, why? I want to make the most of my workouts. My trainer was giving them to me but instead of 4x10 it was only 2x10 front and back at the end,
This is a taxing compound lift you want to make the most out of. I'd imagine having them at the beginning would allow for more progress, esp with strength gains. Think of it like doing cardio before a workout, takes some of the OOFP out of you. I know bigg T frequents here... maybe he can elaborate a bit more.

Hi - I want T to speak to this, but I think it's a compound lift vs. isolation lift thing... The squat this a compound lift - It targets multiple muscles. It's harder to do so do it first? It also makes you stronger, it stresses the muscles more... which means you accomplish more in less time?

Ok, I thought about this more... What about pre-exhaust supersetting?? When I worked with a trainer, I think I was doing something similar to what CK mentioned. Meaning - Do a set of an isolation exercise then right into a set of a compound exercise. I did a lot of this on chest day (when I had a chest day).

WoNderWoMan25 said:
Hi - I want T to speak to this, but I think it's a compound lift vs. isolation lift thing... The squat this a compound lift - It targets multiple muscles. It's harder to do so do it first? It also makes you stronger, it stresses the muscles more... which means you accomplish more in less time?

Agree...

I'll give my 2 cents.....but only cause I was invited to do so, lol

The way to develop muscle is to train it progressively. This concept is clouded in modern "bodybuilding" literature. "Trainers" advocate all sorts of crap, and the magazines publish all sorts of crap, for somebody either natural or not living on obscene doses of drugs, the most efficient way to build muscle is by training compound lifts in a progressive fashion.

I could write a 10 page post on this, but I will try to get to my point and if anybody has any questions, I'll try to elaborate.

When you squat and work up to 200x8, then the next week you work up to 205x8, and 210x8 the next, that is progress. Training is quantifiable, and if you're eating for your goals, you'll like what you see. If you squat 200x8 one week, 135x15 the next, 225x4 the next, you're all over the place and haven't really progressed with anything......that's my problem with the 'shotgun' approach and training soley for soreness/pump. That is also why most gym goers are plateaued and frustrated and why we have so many 6' guys on the anabolic board who weigh a whole, whopping 175lbs and are plateaued despite 'perfect training for years'.

That being said, my advice is to squat and squat first, train it progressively and eat for your goals. Getting better at squats grows muscle.....making something harder than it has to be (supersets, super slow reps, pre-exhausting, etc etc) is an inefficient waste of time. Look at it this way......which girl will have more developed legs? The one who squats 135x10 or the one who can only squat 45x10.....I hope everyone said the 135x10 girl. Now.....does squatting 45x10 build any muscle?? no....Does squatting 45x10 on a pair of ice skates while drunk make it harder? Yes....does it being harder build any more muscle? NOOOOO......so, just train the big stuff first and get better at it, it really is that simple.

Top Bottom