Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

workout partners

who makes a better partner?

• guys

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • girls

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • go both ways....hehe

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • do it alone

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
I HAVE to workout alone...I don't want someone whining or bringing my down telling me how bad their day was or blah, blah, blah... I go to the gym to workout and stay focused.... If someone is using the machine that I need, I want to be able to change over to something else if that is what I want to do rather than have someone nagging me to "Waaaait.....they're almost done......let's just wait...I'm tired....."

Now - there are SOME women out there that DON'T act that way - but, for the most part - the ones I see at the gym are just "too girly" for me....

The only time a workout partner comes in handy is when you hit thost last couple of reps and you're straining....but - my solution to that is when I feel that I am going to need help on that set, I ask a GUY standing around me to spot me before I start. The reason a guy is better is because I just wouldn't trust most of the women I see at the gym to be able to spot me....plus, they are more likely to say "yes" when asked to spot vs. a female.

I've worked out with both and done well with both but it depends on who you get...I was lifting with a guy who was a Div1 pro recruit and got severely injured Left elbow bent exactly the opposite way from what it was designed and that ended his football career..when he gets in the gym he can move some weight and it motivates me but it's getting him in there.... I have two women I work out with Jockdoc (well unitl she moved and when I go to visit her now) and N and Jockdoc is incredibly fit and driven... not as strong as I am so we go for lighter weights slower rep workouts which is a great change up and intense... Her intenstiy and mine really gel so our workouts are awesome and we feel it after!! N and I lift about the same..she's a newbie so there is a learning curve on the spots and her intensity isn't quite there so she gets a great workout and is dying from doms and I'm just a bit twingy.... We'll get her there! Working out alone well...same issue as voodoo...pinned myself under the bar and had to wait to recover to get it up on the low pins... so maxing out is tough alone... hate using machines !!!

My husband---- he cares as much as me about my face/body...... and wont let me drop a weight and smoosh my snocker.

Isnt one women in my gym that I would trust to spot me.....nor could they :D

Ditto! My husband is the best to work out with. We try to keep our routines on the same days so he can help me with my form and encourage me to lift more. I would still be curling 10lbs if I had not gone to the gym with my husband as my trainer.

Hi!

I love sharing my workout with nice guys and good friends at the gym :) and the other way round I'm tough enough to help them too; the brave among them ask me for ; ) well of course there's a limit.
I'm the only body-building lady at the gym :( and none of those ... eh, can't express in english: girls who are occupied with figuring out, how to spend as much time as possible on stepping machines to sweat chocolate away from their hips :D could help me.
I know some female body-builders in other cities 'n gyms and we visit each other sometimes to share our work-outs. That's an interessting alternation and experiences are shared ... and we babble :D

cu, C:)ra

I have a training partner right now, which has its good points and bad. Too much talking and not enough focusing. But when I work out with my training partner I can do more weight than I can do on my own. I really miss having a trainer when I work out. Those are the best because it is all about you and your body. They also help a lot with motivation. Like KRS said I would still be curling 10lbs.

I would much rather train with a man but am training alone for now. My last partner was a man but goofed off and talked to much. I trained harder than he did. But before that I trained with my ex and he pushed me to no end. I wouldn't look like I do today without him and I thank him very much. He is also an awesome personal trainer and I am trying to get him to train with me a couple times a week now. I used to train with him and about four other big guys. We always had to split up and partner off because too many people creates too much rest time. Training alone is OK but training with someone to spot you and support you and push you is much better.

Top Bottom