Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do white people act like all blacks think the same?

Dial
I really wish this black and white thing would disappear;
and color wasn't an issue with people!

Pamela said:
Dial
I really wish this black and white thing would disappear;
and color wasn't an issue with people!

this is one of the many things my kitten is carrying in my catatar.... :rose:

Why do all white people that act like blacks all think the same?

I agree with SSS, it's the same for straights, as in: why do all gays act/think alike?

and vice versa, there is some heterophbia in the gay community

KillahBee said:
Wrong! Stereotypes don't come out of thin air, sweetheart. Most are generalizations and a bit over the top, but have some substance nonetheless. Stereotypes come from observations. I have been stereotyped and admit that most had substance and some truth to them.

I didnt suggest stereotypes "come out of thin air". And they are ALL generalizations, that's part of the definition of a stereotype. Sharing that you've been stereotyped is extraneous.....we've all been steretyped by someone at sometime. What does that have to do with my previous post?

Based on your response I suspect you didnt actually understand my post.

anya said:
I didnt suggest stereotypes "come out of thin air". And they are ALL generalizations, that's part of the definition of a stereotype. Sharing that you've been stereotyped is extraneous.....we've all been steretyped by someone at sometime. What does that have to do with my previous post?

Based on your response I suspect you didnt actually understand my post.

actually, I understood it very well (even though I just looked back for a refresher and it was edited this morning...). My point is that you were making explanations (or excuses) as to why stereotypes exist, but you never mentioned that many stereotypes, at their root, come from truths. And I threw in that I have been stereotyped just for some background, and partly b/c I expected you to play the race card, as you have done in the past (which may not be a fair assessment on my part).

All stereotypes have some reason, true or not, for their existence.

Are Mexicans lazy? A good friend's father is a damn hard working cop. But she's a lazy slob. The only other mexican I've known decided to quit working all together while in the middle east.

Do blacks live off welfare? Of my black friends, one is a mathematician for the government, one is a lawyer, one is a programmer and the other plays in the NFL.

Are jews rich and miserly? I have one jewish friend and he doesn't have two nickels to rub together. His parents are wildly rich though.

But if everyone can be frank for a moment and suspend the need for being politically correct, we can all see where the sterotypes stem from.

Code said:
All stereotypes have some reason, true or not, for their existence.

Are Mexicans lazy? A good friend's father is a damn hard working cop. But she's a lazy slob. The only other mexican I've known decided to quit working all together while in the middle east.

Do blacks live off welfare? Of my black friends, one is a mathematician for the government, one is a lawyer, one is a programmer and the other plays in the NFL.

Are jews rich and miserly? I have one jewish friend and he doesn't have two nickels to rub together. His parents are wildly rich though.

But if everyone can be frank for a moment and suspend the need for being politically correct, we can all see where the sterotypes stem from.

well said.

Top Bottom