Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who should pay on a date the man/woman???

What's the big deal?

Velvet makes it simple. It is as easy or as hard as you make the situation. Dating is supposed to be fun. The last thing that should be weighing on someone's mind during a date is : who is going to pay?

Women. Rule of thumb. Be prepared to pay at LEAST your own way. I am always prepared, thus I am never let down. SIMPLE.

Kroliczek said:
What's the big deal?

Velvet makes it simple. It is as easy or as hard as you make the situation. Dating is supposed to be fun. The last thing that should be weighing on someone's mind during a date is : who is going to pay?

Women. Rule of thumb. Be prepared to pay at LEAST your own way. I am always prepared, thus I am never let down. SIMPLE.

Actually that's the boy scouts motto.

I'm pretty certain its copyrighted.

Technically you should use the girls scouts motto, which if I remember correctly is "everyone likes cookies, so how many boxes would you like to buy"

DIVISION said:
Velvetteer.......I've said #4, which is the guy pays, throughout this whole thread.

Am in the minority here or what?

I've never seen so many people get fucked up about something so simple...

DIV

:chomp:

I just typed out the elborate answer and my computer just shut down. :mad:
(I really need to get a new laptop)

You're old school darlin' and that's very cool.

***NIBBLE NIBBLE***

velvett said:
1. Tell your new date you don't want to dine there because you can't afford it- then worry about what sort of impression you will give.
2. Back out of paying your half with some half wit excuse and not give hoot as to what sort of impression you give.
3. Or do you suck it up and pay your half.
4. ???

I think any reasonably self-respecting person could go with number one

If the date doesn't like it, well ask them how they like dining alone

casualbb said:
I think any reasonably self-respecting person could go with number one

If the date doesn't like it, well ask them how they like dining alone

While I agree - you can't forget that some people would have too much pride to say no.

Kroliczek said - always be prepared to pay for at least half if not the whole date.

;)

Dating is hard enough as it is add all this and it's like OH GOD why bother.

velvett said:
I'm quite sure she meant how to behave along the lines of having good manners, or breeding.

Then again the lack of manners and fair breeding as it were is everywhere.

Emily Post would have a field day.

You are right Velvett...that is what I meant. Thanks for that.

DIVISION said:
Eh, bro......

I know what you're trying to argue and I totally understand it, but as a man I think you gotta be above that and just pay the fucking tab.

I'm not going to get in to the "equality" argument here as it's just pointless. Being a man, I think it's just your prerogative to pay, regardless of the circumstances. If it's a long term relationship, sure it's understood that she will reciprocate, but in general I think the man pays.

I always do, but keep in mind that I only take women out to dinner that I see as longterm potential.

DIV

I have no problem with paying, I'm not cheap and I am very generous.

My problem is the total double standard that women like hide behind.

They piss and moan about wanting to be our equals, then want to sift out the things that they don't like.

Top Bottom