Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who should pay on a date the man/woman???

AristotleBC said:
I thought women didn't want traditional treatment because a part of that involves the idea that women are fundamentally inferior?

You should read or re-read the posts to know that it had nothing to do with traditional roles as it pertain how wone want or should be treated. It was about how to handle an awkward moment that quite frankly could have had the man and woman in either role.

Let's say your a working student and I asked you out, picked the restaurant that was on the expensive side and then suggested we each pay our own way. Now lets say you live on some type of budget and the bills is just not something you had not expected.

What do you do?

1. Tell your new date you don't want to dine there because you can't afford it- then worry about what sort of impression you will give.
2. Back out of paying your half with some half wit excuse and not give hoot as to what sort of impression you give.
3. Or do you suck it up and pay your half.
4. ???

ps. is this Warik?

MattTheSkywalker said:
It's not rocket science.

That's becasue you're not a cheap angry bastard. (yah yah - ya'll can just bite my ass)

Even though you like to torture the little girls on your shopping trips the buy all the expensive items for yourself.

HAHHAHAHA

velvett said:
1. Tell your new date you don't want to dine there because you can't afford it- then worry about what sort of impression you will give.
2. Back out of paying your half with some half wit excuse and not give hoot as to what sort of impression you give.
3. Or do you suck it up and pay your half.
4. ???

Velvetteer.......I've said #4, which is the guy pays, throughout this whole thread.

Am in the minority here or what?

I've never seen so many people get fucked up about something so simple...

DIV

:chomp:

MattTheSkywalker said:
I always offer to pay. Some women are Ok with that, some will insist on contributing, ie paying a tip or something, others will demand to pay their share.

Usually, first date, I will pay, if there are additional dates, she usually offers to "take me out" somewhere and pay.

It's not rocket science.

This is the way it usually works out, your right its not rocket science if your both sincere.

velvett said:
That's becasue you're not a cheap angry bastard. (yah yah - ya'll can just bite my ass)

Even though you like to torture the little girls on your shopping trips the buy all the expensive items for yourself.

HAHHAHAHA

Nope. Neither cheap nor angry.

I recently stopped doing that. I didn't stop because it was no longer fun...it is always fun. I stopped because I usually did this when buying clothes or shoes, and I have everything I need / want / could possibly ever use.

I even made a date sit through me getting measured for a custom suit once. But I bought her lunch. ;)

I need a new angle on this technique.

This thread has made me think about dating etiquette

For example, if I'm driving, should she chip in for gas and mileage? Are tolls a given?

Also, assuming she is outside the local calling area, how do we divide phone charges that may accumulate. A straight 50/50, or should it go according to who prmpted the phone call, or added to its length. So for example if she spends an hour complaining about her life, should that hour be billed entirely to her, or as a gentleman should I offer to pay for half?

Thanks in advance

JerseyArt said:
This thread has made me think about dating etiquette

For example, if I'm driving, should she chip in for gas and mileage? Are tolls a given?

Also, assuming she is outside the local calling area, how do we divide phone charges that may accumulate. A straight 50/50, or should it go according to who prmpted the phone call, or added to its length. So for example if she spends an hour complaining about her life, should that hour be billed entirely to her, or as a gentleman should I offer to pay for half?

Thanks in advance

You're fuckin' hilarious, JA....

Most of the women on the board would now like to slap you silly!!!

^^^:lmao:

DIV

:chomp:

Seashell said:
I don't like letting the other person pay for the first date. I prefer to pay all, or at least some, if they'll let me.

Then I don't have to worry about any kind of sexpectation.

And I don't feel bad about bailing early, if need be. :)

But barring any bad date scenerios, it's just more fair.

That said, I did date a couple of people that let me pay for everything, always... that got tiresome very quickly.

Sexpectation that's a great term.

I usually pay, but it's not as a coersion. I usually pay when I go out with the guys for the simple fact I make a lot more money than they do. A couple of my friends probably wouldn't have eaten during college if I hadn't taken them out once in a while.

This being said I have no problem paying on a date, but I also don't expect anything in return. Dating is a lot like gambling you pay your money and you take your chances. You have to be willing to understand that it probably won't work out as you typically don't keep dating after you find "the one".
Also if the date is going badly it is a relief is someone wants to bail on me so I don't have to bail on them.

Now after that I think the payment should be shared for all but special activities (birthday,anniversary,welcome back from a trip, etc.) That way both people have an equal say in what goes on and the price level of each activity.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom