Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which exercises to wear a belt for?

i rarely use a belt unless going for a heavy one rep on squat or deadlift. the main purpose of the belt should be to teach you how to push your stomach against the belt creating a more stable base. i agree it can become a crutch for your back and i see people over depending on them

also dave draper was a bb. this is the powerlifting forum and bb info here should be mostly tossed right out the fukin window

Becoming said:
Sorry for mis-interpreting your tone...

As I am sure you understand there are obviously multiple valid opinions... I don't always wear a belt when squatting, and I would advise others the same..

Obviously others will have other opinions on it. So be it.

Well, there could be more than one valid opinion on some issues, certainly. But either a belt is *always necessary* for submaximal squats or it is *not always necessary*. One of those opinions is right and the other is wrong.

Of course, one might say that some people, given weaknesses of form or muscular weakness, ought to use a belt, while others will be fine not doing, but that is a separate, practical issue.

sergeevich said:
Well, there could be more than one valid opinion on some issues, certainly. But either a belt is *always necessary* for submaximal squats or it is *not always necessary*. One of those opinions is right and the other is wrong.

Of course, one might say that some people, given weaknesses of form or muscular weakness, ought to use a belt, while others will be fine not doing, but that is a separate, practical issue.

as I said - there are reasons for a varying answers... I think we are arguing two side of the same coin...

you right and wrong is one specific way and circumstances can dictate otherwise...

i say circumstances dictate what is right or wrong for the lifter...

the difference is in theory, not in practice

use a belt if you need to know what you can handle with gear on. i train completely without equipment. except for some rosin and maybe some wrist wraps on bench. otherwise its chucks and a smile.

Top Bottom