Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where to find inexpensive apartments in South Florida?

Well said Florida guy! Damn new Yorkers! Hey have you been to The Sundy House in Delray, a friend of mine is a manager there, its really good.

Both Matt and Floridaguy are right. The weather is nice, but the nightlife is basically pretty much the same night after night. After a while (one month) it wears off. In Lauderdale, you have the infusion of tourists (and their attitudes) to keep it fresh or stale depending on your view. Have an established line of work already, it is a resort community and thus the service industry is dominate. What you will NOT find down here are major art and culture exhibits. top rate resturants, and snow. My friend Jae accurately described the resturants as on a level of fast food, decent or good. Atlanta, NYC, CA, DC, and Boston have much more fine dining establishments.

Boca is over priced, trying to be another west palm. You can find affordable housing in Victoria Park, Wilton Manors, Sunrise, or even cheaper moving 5 miles up to Pompano Beach. Email me your address and I will drop some real estate news off in the mail for you.

floridaguy said:
Don't listen to Matt Florida is a great place to live. Maybe Matt can explain why Florida is full of X New Yorkers? Are there any areas of New York that Floridians move to?

There are legions of South Floridians moving to NY, mostly recent college grads. There are tons of NYers moving to Florida also...especially our grandparents. No wonder Broward County is called the "sixth borough of NY". In most parts of South Florida, money goes farther. it makes sense to leave because NY is expensive.

If Florida is nothing but tourism and healthcare workers how come here in Delray Beach down the street from my office we have homes for sale for $14MM- 25MM dollars. They must be paying these hotel workers pretty well. .

You know as well as I do that it is not local Florida business people living there either. The Kennedy's have a place there, the Gardiner family (original settlers of Long Island), and other wealthy people.

These healthcare and hotel people are living on 75X100 foot plots on places like Coral Springs and Cooper City....which is what "Mike Peters" can look forward to.

MattTheSkywalker said:
South FL is cheap...and there's a reason for that...it sucks.

Pembroke Pines is all right, Cooper City, Davie are all decent.

Coral Springs isn;t too bad either price wise....

you can buy a decent house in Ft Lauderdale for like $175K.....

cheap...ahhh depends where your comming from. If you living in NY, yeah it maybe cheaper. But for alot of other towns, it not that cheap. But you can find some cheap places in Ft.Lauderdale and miami. Try www.apartmentguide.com:)

Welcome to my town...THAT DOESN"T SUCK!!! I hate NY:) ...funny cause there are so many of those damn NYers down here, yet all they do is rant and rave about how much better NY is, ....Then why are they here???!!!!

floridaguy said:
...[snip]...As for Florida being cheap maybe in some areas but not here in the Boca, Delray area.The average home I sell is around $525,000. Which brings me to another one of Matts expert points on Florida. If Florida is nothing but tourism and healthcare workers how come here in Delray Beach down the street from my office we have homes for sale for $14MM- 25MM dollars. They must be paying these hotel workers pretty well. One of my favorite parts of my job is when some know it all New Yorker comes in my office and tells me that they want a big house near the beach and will spend up to $250k and I just laugh at them.You cant buy a shack near the beach for under $800k in this area.Anyway move to Florida you will love it here. By the way I lived in NY & CT for 18 years and would never even consider moving back.

Sounds just like the Hamptons.

Velvett,

It is. except the traffic isn't as bad, the people aren;t such assholes, (in Florida) and no one backs their SUV into a crowd.

Just punishment for Lizzie Grubman would banishment to South Florida.

Matt, why such the dislike for South Florida? Did you get ass raped walking in the wrong part of South Beach?

I guess its just taste to me being on a boat every weekend, fishing and cruising or hanging out at the beach year round just sounds a lot better than shoveling your car out of snow in the morning.

Busta said:
Matt, why such the dislike for South Florida

Busta,

I lived there for a year and got bored of it. It is a really fun place to visit.

It's just that, being in NY city, you have the ability to do so much more at a moment's notice. No place else in the country offers that. I lived in Atlanta, Seattle, near New Orleans...I've lived in a lot of cities.

None of them offer the kind of opportunities that NY does to go out and do things - the nightlife, the culture, the places to eat...I guess in that sense I am spolied by it.

South Florida didn;t do it for me. The girls all looked the same...either bleach blondes or Hispanic....and I got tired of it. (Not too tired of it....my current girlfriend is a south Florida bleach blonde and she's great) .

The guys I would see out looked like the guys I went to high school with, in 1990. Same look same attitude.

I just got bored of the place.

Sorry to break the news to you but a majority of my clients from NY moving here are in the 30-40 year old range with kids. In this area they can't build schools fast enough. Even the private & religious schools have waiting lists.So there goes your idea of only old people moving here. As for the expensive homes you are wrong once again many of the buyers are local. Yes people thats right people in Florida DO make money, we have Doctors, Lawyers, Developers, small business owners, Marina owners, etc. that do make six figure plus incomes. Please if you are going to judge an area please be straight on your facts before making false blanket statements.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Velvett,

It is. except the traffic isn't as bad, the people aren;t such assholes, (in Florida) and no one backs their SUV into a crowd.

Just punishment for Lizzie Grubman would banishment to South Florida.

LOL

That is funny.
You know the Grubman is old news already - it seems that out here running someone over with your vehicle is a mental appetizer.

Yah baby..

TARGET PRACTICE.

I have a customer I would run over without question but I wouldn't dirty my car.

Top Bottom