Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where to find inexpensive apartments in South Florida?

Heavy dont listen to Matt So Fla is a great place to live, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The night life down here is great, awsome weather, beach, boating, fishing, nice looking ladies. Tell me where you are looking to work and I will tell you where to live. Fort Lauderdale is not cheap at all if anything its one fo the most expensive places to live in So Fla if you want something nice. I think you can find a 2 bedroom apartment for $1100.

Jae got me my job. So it pays to ask around on the board and see what other members are suggesting. Maybe they know someone.

You can buy a 2 bedroom condo for about $65-$70 within 1.5 miles from the beach. What I did was buy two of them and rent one out to a snowbird during in season for five months and it pays the mortgage for the entire year on the condo.

Busta that is not true. This building is only ten years old. It was formerly apartments that were converted. The new ones on the water are very expensive but you can find houses in Victoria Park with swimming pools for $1100 per month. Those condos on Sunrise across from Galleria mall are not even that expensive. They are $800 per month, right on the Intercoastal. Like any city, you have to shop around.

The weather is great though, I just came back from the beach.

Your building is only 10 years old and only cost 70K, where do you live? I may be interested in that. Where do you work out?

Busta said:
. The night life down here is great

It;s great if you are moving from East Bumblefuck. Coming from NY it is tired...and SoCal...well, you'll be taking a step down in S. Fla.

Fort Lauderdale is not cheap at all if anything its one fo the most expensive places to live in So Fla if you want something nice. I think you can find a 2 bedroom apartment for $1100.

This is dirt cheap. If only I could get that....similar deal in NY city could be $4000.

I guess it's all relative.

But what is not relative is that S Fla is a banana republic in which all the dollars are invested in tourism and not the local infrastructure. In other words, "a nice place to visit, but I wouldn;t want to live there".

However I admire your courage and wish you luck for moving there to be with your girlfriend.

My neighboor bought a house in the Sarasota area, Northport to be exact. 54k. Its a nice house in a nice area, but its elderly people mostly. 2 car garage, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room.
Still thats a good deal on a house compared to 200k they are asking around here. The jobs are kind of lower paying though. Not sure about the night life around there. Someone told him that Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Fort Myrs are worth checkin out.

thermo said:
My neighboor bought a house in the Sarasota area, Northport to be exact. 54k.

And to think a house in Northport, NY (Long Island) would be 500K.

How can you say that the night life in South Beach is tired? You have great weather year round, great clubs everywhere, models, celebrities, money flying everywhere, its anything but tired. I agree if you are comparing costs of living to NYC then anything is cheap, but compared to mosts places around the country Fort Lauderdale is expensive for what you get.

Don't listen to Matt Florida is a great place to live. Maybe Matt can explain why Florida is full of X New Yorkers? Are there any areas of New York that Floridians move to? I dont think so. Yet the New Yorkers continue to leave NY in droves. As for Florida being cheap maybe in some areas but not here in the Boca, Delray area.The average home I sell is around $525,000. Which brings me to another one of Matts expert points on Florida. If Florida is nothing but tourism and healthcare workers how come here in Delray Beach down the street from my office we have homes for sale for $14MM- 25MM dollars. They must be paying these hotel workers pretty well. One of my favorite parts of my job is when some know it all New Yorker comes in my office and tells me that they want a big house near the beach and will spend up to $250k and I just laugh at them.You cant buy a shack near the beach for under $800k in this area.Anyway move to Florida you will love it here. By the way I lived in NY & CT for 18 years and would never even consider moving back.

Top Bottom