Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where to find inexpensive apartments in South Florida?

floridaguy said:
people in Florida DO make money, we have Doctors, Lawyers, Developers, small business owners, Marina owners, etc. that do make six figure plus incomes. Please if you are going to judge an area please be straight on your facts before making false blanket statements.

No need to be defensive. We just find different places to our liking. If you want I'll change my screen name to "New York Guy".

But we both know that you don't buy the 14million dollar homes you mentioned on a six figure salary.

"Florida....that's Amercia's wang."

-Homer Simpson

HeavyDutyGuy said:
So if I am in teaching, thare are good prosepcts there??

There are alot of teaching opportunities down here. However, the average teacher salary sucks. The highest I believe in in the NE, PA ranks up there in the top five states for good salaries. But would you rather make more money and live in PA, or make less and live in FL? Depends where you priorities lie:)

Personally, I've lived in all four corners of the US...PA, FL, CA, WA.....and travled the world quite extensively. And I like FL the best. But I hope most people don't so I can keep it all to myself:) Population is growing to much down here.

I think we should have a South Florida EF party maybe we can all meet downtown Fort Lauderdale sometime.

I am in the DC area an have been planning a move to Ft. Lauderdale area for about 6 months now. I'll be down there in a couple weeks for another visit and to check out jobs, gyms and apartments. Any advice you Fl. guys could give would be well appreciated. I've made my mind up so I don't need anyone telling me how bad/or good it is. BTW I have a degree from a decent school in Psych. but don't want to do anything in that field. What are the chances of me finding a decent job with the job market like it is now?

What type of jobs are you interested in? Let me know what you you are looking for Apartment or house what your price range is, I can hook you up. Also I know of several gyms in the area, but depends where you are going to live East or West.

Are you a Cisco (Systems) guy? Or is the name indicative of something else?

Well the pros and cons of South Florida have been very accurate so far.

In respect to housing. You can find affordable housing. Like I said, I bought two places and combined them. And I only had to put about $25K extra into it. (Due to library walls in TV room and having a complete office installed) If you want I can post a pic of the inside of my place so you can get an idea of what $70K would buy. (Just looking at the ceiling heights and room size.)

Just remember go 1 mile west and the rent drops 50%. Even if you don't want to teach, you can parlay your education into something else making about the same money as a teacher, while opening up more doors.

My original question was, "where can I find inexpensive apartments". Southern Florida, Miami, Lauderdale, Key West, Tampa, Daytona. It doens't matter, just as long as it's in the southern portion and there's plenty going on. Would anyone have info on this? Thanx

Mike, Lauderdale is your best choice. You would pull your hair out in Key West after two weeks. Nothing to do down there but look into Tshirt shops. Not much of an industry at all.

Daytona is red neck city.

Miami is "different" but really artificial.

Again, my offer was if you dropped me your address, I would mail you some real estate guides from down here so you could see for yourself what prices were like.

Top Bottom