Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when working out stomache, back starts to hurt...

super_rice said:
in my experience the pain usually comes from

1) strength imbalance - core strength?
2) inflexibility in lower back - so what do i do?
3) form (flatten your back then curl up, not this crazy ballistic thing)
i get what you're saying about the ballistic thing, but i've tried every possible form...

update: just worked abs yesterday. yeah, it's the damn hanging straight-leg raises. i find myself bending my lower back in an effort to tighten my abdominals and help raise my legs. i decided to do my leg raises on a machine like this one:

http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/abdominal_exercises/weightloss_diet_1307.JPG

(No... that's not me. I'm not too keen on wind pants anyway)

using this machine keeps my lower back straight, allowing me to exclusively use the abdominal muscles to raise the legs. much easier on my back. i'm guessing that because my lats are flexed in the hanging position, i really can't bend my upper back to crunch my abs together, so all that bending takes place right where the lats do (lower-mid back). just my guess.

give it a shot and let us know.

the guy on the couch said:
update: just worked abs yesterday. yeah, it's the damn hanging straight-leg raises. i find myself bending my lower back in an effort to tighten my abdominals and help raise my legs. i decided to do my leg raises on a machine like this one:

http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/abdominal_exercises/weightloss_diet_1307.JPG

(No... that's not me. I'm not too keen on wind pants anyway)

using this machine keeps my lower back straight, allowing me to exclusively use the abdominal muscles to raise the legs. much easier on my back. i'm guessing that because my lats are flexed in the hanging position, i really can't bend my upper back to crunch my abs together, so all that bending takes place right where the lats do (lower-mid back). just my guess.

give it a shot and let us know.

yep! i use that machine too! back still hurts. im going to concentrate on keeping my back straight. also outside the gym, i have a bad posture when i sit down... bad long habit.

eh, all you need is find a hot chick and get a long ass massage!!! maybe a a good crackin of the lower back, and you'll be good!!!

and if its more than that, go get it checked out by a chiropractor, maybe you got somethign slipped back there!

Top Bottom