Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when working out stomache, back starts to hurt...

kraze

i've tried pretty much every stomache exercise, but for some reason the middle/lower portion of my back always tends to hurt. i concentrated on form, and for the longest time have even been doing back excersises (upper and lower)... what gives? :chomp: i rarely can get the feeling i've actually worked out my stomache.

cmdubs said:
have you tried hanging knee raises, straight leg raises, or cable crunches?

yep!! those are apart of my routine still... i just can't do enough to where i can feel my stomache being worked on

i get that exact same pain in my lower-middle back when doing abs. for me, it seems like it's right on the spinal column. i only do straight leg raises (hanging with my hands from the cage). i'm doing them today... i'll get back to you if i can figure it out.

in my experience the pain usually comes from

1) strength imbalance
2) inflexibility in lower back
3) form (flatten your back then curl up, not this crazy ballistic thing)

the guy on the couch said:
i get that exact same pain in my lower-middle back when doing abs. for me, it seems like it's right on the spinal column. i only do straight leg raises (hanging with my hands from the cage). i'm doing them today... i'll get back to you if i can figure it out.

yes, for me too hanging from the cage and doing raises works best... but i still cannot achieve the true workout feel in the mid/lower section

Tactile said:
Try going slower on your ab exercises. Slow and smooth should have your midsection quivering.

i have found that to work really well sometimes after i've done another section (like legs)

Top Bottom