Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

What to eat for CKD? (Recipes)

cccp

New member
I'm lost. The only things that I could think of:

1. Tuna with mayo
2. Chicken thighs (very cheap at Walmart - $3.70 for 10 lbs)
3. Ground beef (I cooked some 27% fat ground beef today, and it has a lot of liquid fat left, and I don't know how to eat it. it's yellow and gooey, and just the thought of drinking it makes me want to throw up).
4. Eggs with a little bet of cheese
5. Cottage cheese. But you can't eat too much of it a day, because it has carbs in it.

That's it. I don;'t know what else to eat, and how to get 85% fat calories into my diet.

Please help me and other people who have a similar problem.
 
juve said:
Look into that thread: the CKD grocery list. A lot of good variety foods so as to make it more palatable. One thing to remember is to not forget sources of fat. COncentrate on fish/flax oils (omega-3 sources), as other fats are already abundant. And definately drop cottage cheese. Substitute with real cheese (good source of fats and protein)


http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297935

:dolphin:


thanks man, that's a helpful thread
 
just one thing that I made the other day thats really a miracle food while on ckd is to take a coliflower and steam it, then get rid of the excess water, then put in a food processor with 1 table spoon of butter, and 1 tablespoon heavy cream, and some sault. This tastes very similar to white potatos minus the carbs. My whole family actually ate it, and my dad didn;t realize it was not potatos.
 
These are my favorite CKD meals so far, followed by 3 tbs of flax or udos oil

eggs with feta cheese and spinach
Chicken breast cut in chunks (or shrimp), raw broc with 2 tbs of olive oil.

I find that the more EFA's I consume the less I feel weak, tired and hazy.
 
I just started ckd too! Carb up day was yesterday.

So far i eat:
Celery
Brockoli
String Cheese
Cheddar
Eggs
Bacon
Turkey of all forms
Beef/hamburgers/steak
Salads, blue cheese dressing
small amounts of sunflower seeds
Salmon
Tuna
Onions in small amounts
Chicken breasts grilled.
Breakfast sausages with no added carbs.
Jerkey of several types, no teriyaki.

The other day i made a mix of spiced Jenni-O Mexican style ground turkey, onions, cheese, salsa. It was good.
 
Top Bottom