Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What should I eat for my post-workout meal. (I am cutting right now)

BigPoppaPipes

I weigh 235 and am a little over 8% bodyfat right now. I am starting to lean out for summer. I have been training consistently now for about 4 years, and am very well read when it comes to training. However, I always thought that my diet was superb. However, I now understand that what you eat right after your workouts is the most important. I usually only eat oatmeal and consume about 40 grams of Whey protein. Should I spike my insulin, even when cutting. Is something like grape juice good? Please let me know what I should eat.

I think this is according to your metabolism. I do include simple carbs post workout even when cutting. I am however an ecto-mesomorph. Endomorphic bodytypes might not be able to get away with it. I would start out with it, and monitor your bf. If you arent losing the fat, drop them. However, I would always include carbs post workout, even if they are complex, to refill glycogen stores.-WULF

I think this is according to your metabolism. I do include simple carbs post workout even when cutting. I am however an ecto-mesomorph. Endomorphic bodytypes might not be able to get away with it. I would start out with it, and monitor your bf. If you arent losing the fat, drop them. However, I would always include carbs post workout, even if they are complex, to refill glycogen stores.-WULF

40g whey protein, 80g simple carbs. Take the guesswork out of it.
http://www.thepowerstore.com/

A great site for all supplements. Check out a product called gain. It's whey protein, dextrose and creatine. Delicious! :p Inexpensive and just what you need postworkout.
firstenrgy

firstenrgy said:
40g whey protein, 80g simple carbs. Take the guesswork out of it.
http://www.thepowerstore.com/

A great site for all supplements. Check out a product called gain. It's whey protein, dextrose and creatine. Delicious! :p Inexpensive and just what you need postworkout.
firstenrgy

Creatine when cutting? I don't know about everybody else, but the only place in my cycle for creatine is when I'm bulking... Makes me bloat and hold water, and is not at all what I want when using E/C/A and doing a tonne of cardio to get lean!

machman...a quality creatine supplement (low sodium) will not give you the bloating that you normally see.

the advantages of creatine supplementation are vast, but the role that it plays in the Krebs cycle and ATP production/storage make it one of the most valuable supps out there. the only time I would not take creatine would be when cutting for a show.

Top Bottom