Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What should be their punishment?

While this is tragic beyond prosecuting the two individuals for the obvious invasion of privacy, they can in no way be held liable for his actions proceeding the video stream. It is not a hate crime and anyone who argues so whether heterosexual or homosexual should consider what they would do in the given situation (I doubt that a first choice is the closest bridge).

The deceased's actions seem to be a gross over reaction to the given situation; while I can agree that it may have been very embarrassing for the individual one would think that there would have to be a number of underlying issues maybe his parents did not know of his sexual orientation, depression, (simply speculation).

the fact of the matter is - these kids did not kill him, they cannot be punished for that. They can be punished for video taping somebody and displaying it - that's it. you have to take emotions and biases out of it

that's why I was saying the full 5 years for invasion of privacy....I know they can't get tagged for the suicide. I wish the kid would have just killed them instead of him. I would totally be on board with that and honestly he probably wouldn't have done all that much time given that he could "legit" claim temp insanity when he saw that his sexual encounter got webcast. I would brain someone if they taped me like that....

c'mon dude, really? You're better than this.

Oh, jeez, the selective PC police. Is a gay dude not a fag anymore? I'll send AAP the memo.

Sick? What, are "consentual homosexual couples" (still offensive?) up there with pedophiles now? Nobody's claiming sickness when pranks like this are done with "consentual heterosexual couples" (is straight considered PC?).

Man, this is why I try to stay out of media bonfires. I just don't get the overreactions. Deport them? Are you really that disconnected from 20-year-olds and today's society? EDIT: oh, nm. killing them would definitely be tcr.

:cow:

Likewise, people have to stop differentiating this from a hetero situation, which would get little to no news coverage.

This ain't 1950. People need to quit making "gay" a huge deal and get on with their lives.

They broke the law and it contributed to his death, imo they should serve the max for invasion of privacy.

c'mon dude, really? You're better than this.

Anyway....for doing it the second time it'll be a crime against our society if those two little fuckers don't get the book thrown at em. It's 5 years max according to the article and they should serve every single one of those approx 2+ million minutes. I mean didn't they webcast it or something? There's something sick there. I mean if I were king these kids would probably be marched off to the cutting block next week so an example is to be made. All these neat new modern technology is cool and everything....but know your role. Know where the line is. At the very least both of em should be deported even though they are likely U.S citizens.....make some example of them,a line has to be drawn on this shit.

yes yes yes

Oh, jeez, the selective PC police. Is a gay dude not a fag anymore? I'll send AAP the memo.

Sick? What, are "consentual homosexual couples" (still offensive?) up there with pedophiles now? Nobody's claiming sickness when pranks like this are done with "consentual heterosexual couples" (is straight considered PC?).

Man, this is why I try to stay out of media bonfires. I just don't get the overreactions. Deport them? Are you really that disconnected from 20-year-olds and today's society? EDIT: oh, nm. killing them would definitely be tcr.

I'm not disconnected, I know EXACTLY how they are. I think its SICK. I had the same thing happen to me, only of course I'm not a closeted homosexual and it wasnt streaming live on the internet. It was HORRIBLE. I never felt comfortable anywhere around anyone for a long time - I cant imagine how it would be to have that many people see something so personal, private and intimate, add on top of that a closeted gay man... I dont feel too sorry for those two kids.

Only a sexual deviant would do that, straight or gay.

While this is tragic beyond prosecuting the two individuals for the obvious invasion of privacy, they can in no way be held liable for his actions proceeding the video stream. It is not a hate crime and anyone who argues so whether heterosexual or homosexual should consider what they would do in the given situation (I doubt that a first choice is the closest bridge).

The deceased's actions seem to be a gross over reaction to the given situation; while I can agree that it may have been very embarrassing for the individual one would think that there would have to be a number of underlying issues maybe his parents did not know of his sexual orientation, depression, (simply speculation).

I agree 100% word for word on this.

They broke the law and it contributed to his death, imo they should serve the max for invasion of privacy.

My frosh year at UState: Your kid hits (assults, to make it an illegal act) me in front of my hot girlfriend and all of my football buddies. Mortified, I kill myself. Your kid contributed to my death, and thus should pay for it.

Your kid's fault, no? What if, instead, I toiled inside for a year, then killed myself. Still your kid's fault, no? What if that event destroyed me mentally and emotionally for 4 years of college, caused me to flunk out, after which I got drunk and drove over a bridge. Still your kid's fault?

Tell me, at what point is it not your kid's fault? What does "fault" mean here? Murder? Unintentional homicide? Assistance to homicide? Who draws the line that cannot be argued beyond a resonable doubt?

There are multiple sides. What the guy/girl did had moral and legal implications, but we can't make every legal case out to some butterfly effect thing where we're all guilty of causing someone somewhere to die.

This is a simple IIED case, and the courts won't give a damn what his sexual preference was.

Top Bottom