Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What makes everybody motivated to continue?

LiftforEva

This is just a general question to all of the fellow bodybuilders out there. What makes all of you guys motivated to continue in the sport whether it be competitive or recreational? I mean we all have to work and go to school and family obligations and what not. But with all of the stress and bullshit we face everyday what makes you want to set aside an hour or whatever everyday year after year to consistently go to the gym?

I dont go to the gym my bedroom is basically a gym since I have about $5000 worth of equipment in here.
At first, I trained to rehabilitate my injured arm. Then I began to see impressive gains and got hooked.
For a few years I stop working out due to personal reason thats when I realized that bodybuilding was the only thing that kept me going. Before my motivation was all for the wrong reasons(girls & sex) Now I am more mature and had a moment of epiphany in my life.
Right now Im training so I can be prepared next year when I join the service and to basically live a healthy lifestyle.
Bodybuilding is my life. I am back to the Iron Game and harder than ever.
Thanks everyone for all the great advice and motivation
(Jennifer BFL chick, bigNate, GenetiKing and for the old-school Hulka) Been on this site for nearly five years and It has been a great knowledge database and has fueled my motivation even more.

Last edited:
A better life...

better as in healthier, stronger, fitter, faster, harder, more determined, disciplined, focussed, self-motivated, goal-attaining, life-style-improving kind of life...

I could add dozens more positive adjectives but hey, these should be enough.

hardgainer (double pump)

OK , once you get into the sport (especially as a fat ass or a skinny noodle) train your ass off, eat correctly, learn and read and read, and finally get the physique you want, you'd be stupid to revert to your old ways - whatever your reasons are to get into this sport.

I love the sport. I'm 15 - and it has become a lifestyle already. And my reasons are not for sex. I like looking good. I like looking healthy. I love the feelings and pumps and the extreme inner effort you have to put into those massive lifts. I'm in love with this shit.

I particularly love the transformations. You walk into the gym one day as a fat ass, and soon enough you're turning heads in the gym as you walk by. It's great...

Then again, if you never see results, I guess I have
1)no respect for you as you prolly don't try hard enough to learn or 2)you're looking for a quick fix to get in shape (see #1) 3) you don't know what to do (stay around @ EF!)

if you try, you will see results. but try hard. and you'll see results. that's how it works with everything in life.

Peace:cool:

I was born with terrible genetics, ( narrow clavicles, wide hips bones, and long thin limbs). I started weight training at 17, I was 185. lbs, 37% bf, and could not curl a 12. lb dumbell more than once, ( not to mention walk a flight of stairs and not get winded). Bodybuilding gave me a real sense of acomplishment, If I tried hard, I could change and adapt and not have to settle for anything less than the best I could be.

Literally it saved my life. I went from being suicidal, to empowered. I now weigh 285. lbs at 15%, and have gon as low as 6%. I will not quit as long as I can become better, stonger, leaner, faster, and more powerfull. I do all kinds of things now because of bodybuilding, ( Rockclimb, martial art, bicycling, running, swimming, you name it.) This is the greatest, and now I will enter my first contest, ( nervous as hell), but it has been a goal for 14 years. I can't see doing anything other than the most possible.

Have a great one!!!!:cool: E

LiftforEva said:
This is just a general question to all of the fellow bodybuilders out there. What makes all of you guys motivated to continue in the sport whether it be competitive or recreational? I mean we all have to work and go to school and family obligations and what not. But with all of the stress and bullshit we face everyday what makes you want to set aside an hour or whatever everyday year after year to consistently go to the gym?

Because it is the best part of my life, going to the gym!

Yeh! I want to see how far i can take my body.

What motivates me: getting bigger muscles and probably an uglier head. I want to take off my short and do a cool chest/bicep pose infront of group of people and see their reaction.

YEH!

well to be honest with you i could not live without my gym anymore.

its cool to show some guys that they are not the biggest even if they think so :)

Top Bottom