Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What makes everybody motivated to continue?

It's the best anti-aging weapon there is. Several years ago I read an article about this 70 year old woman who started bodybuilding in her 50's. Her body looked like a 20 year old athlete. That's how I want to be, not some frail, stooped-over little old lady who needs help walking across the street.

That's what got me started. I keep with it because I like the constant challenge, and it feels good to be strong. I get to eat a lot too!

I suppose a person's definition of what a ton of food is is relative. I eat every 1-3 hours usually and peopla are always telling me how lucky I am that I can eat so much and not get fat. Correct me if I'm wrong but for every lb of muscle you gain, you need an extra 30-40 cal. per day to maintain it = more food. Years of training = more musle (hopefully) = higher metabolism = more food. Also, working out 5 days a week requires fuel as well. Are you telling me that you don't eat more than 2500 cal per day GenetiKing, cause I think that's about what most people eat each day and they don't get hungry every damn 60 minutes.

Nathan said:
I suppose a person's definition of what a ton of food is is relative. I eat every 1-3 hours usually and peopla are always telling me how lucky I am that I can eat so much and not get fat. Correct me if I'm wrong but for every lb of muscle you gain, you need an extra 30-40 cal. per day to maintain it = more food. Years of training = more musle (hopefully) = higher metabolism = more food. Also, working out 5 days a week requires fuel as well. Are you telling me that you don't eat more than 2500 cal per day GenetiKing, cause I think that's about what most people eat each day and they don't get hungry every damn 60 minutes.

Hahaha! Yeah, I understood what you meant bro, I was just kidding. Although I have a damn good appetite...I'm making gains but if I ate absolutely anything I wanted at any quantity, I would be a big lardass regardless of training. Your metabolic rate is apparently a little faster than mine...

I started working out becuse i saw a few movies when i was younger, starring a very large man with a funny accent and an impossible last name to pronounce at 5 years old.

now it is the highlight of my day....... anytime i walk into that place...... no matter my life, day, situation, anything..... i leave feeling great..... clearheaded.

i talk to GOD when i work out......i call to him and for help and just plain questions..... he answers......ALWAYS....... my best friend is my training partern....... i don't go to the gym to bond...... it's my work place....... but like the old saying goes...... find a job you like and you will never work a day in your life....

my motivation.......... it's just too much fun for me

oh yeah...... the compliments and stairs always make me smile....lol

I dont compete and i dont have any ambition to do so, i ldont use any gear and probably(never say never!) in the future.
I lift weights because i enjoy the physical challenge it presents me and the feeling of going one on one with yourself.....there is no better competition in the world than with yourself, its good to train and compete with friends, but when it comes down to it, you are competing with what you see in the mirror.
I think lifting weights has no bad points, they improve you mentally as well as physically, they build charactor and confidense along with your body.

BOTTOM LINE, BODYBUILDING RULES!!!!!!!!!!

:) :D :cool: :bawling: :eek: :mad: :D

I dont compete and i dont have any ambition to do so, i dont use any gear and probably(never say never!) wont in the future.
I lift weights because i enjoy the physical challenge it presents me and the feeling of going one on one with yourself.....there is no better competition in the world than with yourself, its good to train and compete with friends, but when it comes down to it, you are competing with what you see in the mirror.
I think lifting weights has no bad points, they improve you mentally as well as physically, they build charactor and confidence along with your body.

BOTTOM LINE, BODYBUILDING RULES!!!!!!!!!!

:) :D :cool: :bawling: :eek: :mad: :D

what motivates me i guess is the fact that i was always the small guy back in my high school days. i am in the service now and when i go home on leave. i make buds look scrawny. that is what motivates me. maybe they will get there lazy asses in the gym.

I am my own modivation to train. It is not something I choose to do, it is something I have to do. It is inherent within me. I can't help it and I can't change it -- it is a need that I must feed. Quitting is not an option just as breathing is not an option, it is something that we inherently know to do. Why do I continue -- to deny me this opportunity is to deny me the life I have come know and understand. To deny me this opportunity is to deny me my life.

Because I want to . . . Because I have to . . . Because I need to . . . Because I can!

I love it so much because I see it as a challenge. A challenge to constantly better myself. It is just me versus a stack of plates. I know what the score is going in, but the question is who is going to come out on top in the end. To be 100% honest, when I was younger I did not stick with a lot of things in this life. I would bounce around from sport to sport, relationship to relationship and had my ups and downs with college. But the weights were the one thing that I have always made a solid committment to. My perserverance with the weights over the years has also taught me to strive to stick with something and not give up no matter how difficult the task at hand seems. The weights, for me are not only a tool for enhancing myself physically, but also a charcter building tool. I have lifted for the last seven years and will do so as long as I am physically capable. I have lifted through injuries that required surgeries to repare and through the rehab to get back into my heavy poundages. I am here to stay.

The one most important thing that makes me go to the gym everyday has to be this:

My daughter! I want to see her grow up and being the big guy, my mistake fat guy i am , i need to lose it all and get healthy. I will lose all my weight and get in to shape. I will watch my daughter grow to her elder years.

FatGuy:bawling:

Top Bottom