Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the most Destructive fighting skill/move you posses ?

ridgehand to the throat, or spear hand if its straight up/chokehold

never had a proper fight since starting MA though...the thing i;d most like to try (can practise it for obvious reasons) is to grab and crush the guys nutsack whilest pushing his head/chin up and back to upset his balance and centre of gravity

danielson said:
(can't practise it for obvious reasons) is to grab and crush the guys nutsack

The "Fight Back!" womenfolk practice that one by stuffing a sock and hanging it off whoever is wearing the armor -- you've seen photos of the guy padded like the Pillsbury Doughboy? There's a reason for that -- you fight the way you train, and you don't want your wife or daughter holding back when the balloon goes up.

Just remembered some more stuff from that book I read back in the '70s -- there was one guy in there whose ONLY fighting trick was hitting in the goodies. He'd take an awful beating, let you think you'd almost killed him, just to set you up for his one move. And yes, he suckered the author of the book into giving him a helping hand. "Let me help you up --" POW!

Depends. If I have an element of surprise I'll go for the right thai kick... not to end the fight, but just to put the odds in my favor. If we get tangled up... right elbow to the face. Favorite sparring session ender: one or two liver shots. BOOM BOOM! :)

Judo Tom said:

My first Judo instructor loved ippon seoinage. Final exam was to randori* with him, and he used it on about sixty percent of the class.

I danced with him longer than most, because I kept my center and didn't get aggressive with him -- that got him a little frustrated and he finally got under and threw me real good.

* randori literally means "play" -- it's the judo equivalent of sparring, for you fist-swinging types.

I really love that throw. IM about 5ft6 so it works well for me as a short guy.

I do a real low drop style where i drop in on both my feet (not knees) and then try to do a really explosive squat while rotating him over. I also like having my hand free as it keeps them guessing wether or not im going for an ankle pick/grab, teguruma, kouchi or ippon

o soto i dont have much luck with unless i fake seo first and if the overly react by retreating i hop in for o soto..

Here a good one from some of the Pankranton guys. Open palm blow(slap) on the ear, the inner ear is where the whole system that controls balance is located. Don't need a lot of back swing either, just hit thru the target and don't be affraid to let the hand maintain contact for a second after impact(unlike a punch where you pull back to guard right after contact).

I know a freestyle wrestler that does this... Slaps are not allowed but he sneaks it in by: Going from a double bicep tie up, hell let go of one side and go for a collar tie, making a detour to drive his palm thru the guys *ear then he'll then snap down on the collar and go in for the shot while the guy is off balance. Part of his bag of tricks he only uses it if he needs a last desperate take down to tie or win the match.

*In freestyle wrestling, head gears are not mandatory so most guys wrestle without them.

BRR. looking back i should have wrestled freestyle more, probably woudl have allowed for more ''street like'' moves to become second nature like core interscholastic skills have.

if youve never wrestled freestyle before its a serious ass kicking your first couple months.

juicedpigtails said:
BRR. looking back i should have wrestled freestyle more, probably woudl have allowed for more ''street like'' moves to become second nature like core interscholastic skills have.

if youve never wrestled freestyle before its a serious ass kicking your first couple months.

you just brought back some memories.

The first time I wrestled freestyle was the summer after 8th grade. I was lifting weights during the summer and not doing much wrestling. I just decided to enter the tournament a week before, not knowing anything about freestyle rules, except that they allowed you to do full nelsons and high amp throws and even rewarded you for pulling off a big throw.

My first match I got double under hooks on the kid in the first 10 seconds and threw him to his back with a nice hip toss. When he hit the ground he bellied down and just stayed there(didn't try to scape like in folk style) I was like "whut the?" then I tried to put a half neson on him and didn't have much luck, a few seconds later the ref made us get back on our feet. I had no clue what was going on. The kid got a nice single leg in on me and took me down, while I was on bottom I tried to scape and got turned over 3 times, I didn't think I was loosing since my back was never exposed for more than a second and I managed to scape from bottom when he got a take down...

I lost the first match by 7 points and the next one. I had no clue how the point system worked and the "slip" points worked... My second match the kid tried to pull and arm throw 3 times and he didn't get me, he hit the gound and I got behind him for the take down BUT the ref did not award me any points since he counted them as "slips". The slip is basicaly a way to get wrestler to be more agressive with big throws, if you mis the throw and end up falling to the mat then your oponent will not get the point for a take down.

Knowing the rules and how to play them is one of the most important part of making the swtich from Folks to Freestyle Wrestling IMO.

Top Bottom