Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weightloss stops after week or so on Ketogenic?

PsychoSkitz

This is my second ketogenic diet.

The first one I lost about 10lbs in the first week and a half and then the next two weeks I lost nothing. I didn't change my diet at all.

After the 3rd week, due to lack of weight loss and the inability to stay awake without carbs, I gave up.

I started my second one 3 weeks ago and again lost around 10lbs in the first week or so. Since then I haven't lost anything. Again, my diet has remained the same and my intensity has remained the same as well.

My usual meals are:

Breakfast: 3 eggs with 3 slices of American cheese

Lunch: small salad with Casear dressing, one of those cooked chickens from the supermarket that are under the lights with skin left on :)

Dinner: 2-3 hamburger patties with mayo, lettuce and tomato

After gym: buffalo wings

I drink water throughout the day and also have 3-4 tablespoons of Flax per day.

My only guess is that the "after gym snack" is getting eaten too late and my body isn't digesting it. However since I lose weight the first week and a half, I figure that it can't be that.

Do I need to get a caliper so that I can measure my BF% because I may be losing bodyfat but not weight?

BTW, I started at 217 on the first one and got down to 207. 207 is where I started this one and my weight is now between 195 and 197. I am 5'11.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

The first 10lb is usually water that you have dropped. Then, comes the good part, fat-loss. But, from what I see, I can basically tell you that you eat too many carbs. You need to cut out the salad, tomato, letuce, plus, your morning meal needs to be less carbs (remember that a slice of cheese is 2 carbs and 1 egg is 1 carb= you have 9carbs all at once in the morning, which I believe can throw you out of ketosis), cut out the cheese and replace it with bacon or some meat. Better yet add more healthy fats to your diet, like Flaxseed oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, peanut oil, sesamese seed oil: Keep in mind, that all these oils will benefit fat-loss to a much higher degree then, cheese, baffalo wings, or mayo.

I can surely tell you, that in 'Ketosis' small things like healthy fats can, in my view, increase fat-loss to a much greater degree.
Mr.X:cool:

Thanks a lot Mr. X!

You've been a great deal of information and help to me since I started visting this board and I do appreciate it :)

I'll make those changes and see how it works for me.

The initial weightloss on a ketogenic diet is always water. In your case, 10 pounds. I'm curious, how many calories/day do you estimate you are ingesting? More importantly, how many calories do you estimate you are expending?

Don't forget, too much execise while on a diet insufficient in calories will cause the body to lower metabolism. If you don't increase calories, then you must decrease caloric expenditure or you're going to be in trouble.

The body has a setpoint which regulates the metabolism. A few hundred calories below this setpoint will not shock to body, and a steady fatloss will result. If you drop calories significantly below this setpoint, let's say upwards of 1000 calories, then the body anticipates famine and down-regulates metabolism to match the reduced caloric intake. The result: A slower metabolism. If you keep hammering away at the gym in a state of caloric deficit, muscle tissue will start going "bye bye", metabolism will drop further, and you'll be one discouraged individual. Not to mention the next time you attempt to diet it will be even more difficult.

Bottom line: Don't let calories creep to low if you are working out consistantly and often. Conversely, don't let calories get too high. I have no idea how many calories you are ingesting, nor do I know how much you are exercising. It's up to you to determine if you are taking in too many or too few calories based on your expenditure. More importantly, give the body time. Sometimes it takes the body a few weeks to 'kick in' and respond. Also, as Mr.X said, have a look at the foods you're ingesting and macronutrient choices/ratios. Buffalo wings is not the best choice for protein/fat before bedtime.

Last edited:
What would you guys recommend for a pre-bedtime?

I like to have protein before bed.

Are those Carb Solutions bars a good choice?

20g Protein, 2g Carbs, 8g Fat?

The bars look good. For protein - especially before bedtime - choose a easily digestible protein such as a protein shake. To sustain the digestion process without spiking insulin, take in a bit of fiberous carbohydrate along with the protein.

That avatar of yours is going to give me nightmares. :eek:

As for calories, I estimate approximately 2000 minus the chicken for lunch because I have no clue what that is.

The avatar is cute, hehe.

Top Bottom