Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighted Dips

Where do you feel weighted dips?

• Chest

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Triceps

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
I used to always feel it in my chest and get a chest pump from them and chest DOMS the days after but lately I feel it in my tri's more...

It depends. If i lean over during the dips, i feel more sore in my chest but if i stay upright, i feel more sore in my triceps.

No doubt tri's for me. I don't feel anything in the chest from dips. Might be the way my body is balance, as I see other dudes lean way forward on dips, which means they have more weight on their pecs with dips than I do. I'm almost straight upright, unless I would deliberately lean forward (could hurt my back, so I don't). I feel it mainly in my tri's, and also traps & lats a little.

Charles

I always try to lean forward so as not to much pressure on my shoulders/traps. Leaning forward is more chest and upright is hitting the triceps harder. The heavier I have gotten the harder it is for me to lean forward without discomfort in my back.

Do any of you guys have trouble with the weight swinging with momentum as you are doing your weighted dips?

I always use a belt with a chain and hook and it swings a bit while I'm doing dips.

That souunds like youre moving your upper body around too much then or you are going way fast on your dips. Per Vince Gironda, leaning forward with arms spread out to I think 32" is for chest. Doing dips as verticle as possible and arms close in is for triceps. Also for chest have your chin on your chest, for triceps have your head as straight up as you can.

Top Bottom