Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight belts, do you use them?

Do you use a weight belt

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yes, only when I max

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Never, they are useless

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
I used to wear one for years. I actually felt it hurt me in the long run in that, as I added weight to my lifts, I was isolating my back from getting stronger. Over time I could support heavier loads but started to experience lower back pain. I threw out the belt and started concentrating on dead lifts and lower back exercises and have not had problems since. Unless you have a problem maintaining good form, get rid of the belt and force your lower back and adominal muscles to kick in the way they should.

I wear gloves though!

only for squats and cleans....

i have some nice calluses from not wearing gloves...i kinda like em.

JOKER47 said:
I only use mine with a chain to hold plates for weighted dips.

Joker

I switched to holding dumbells between my feet - you can hold up a little more weight - though the dismount is hard without a partner.

I just use it on one arm dumbbell rows and t-bars rows...I think you shouln't use it all the time.
And when u have a strong lower back and strong ABS you don't need it.

I used one when I first started lifting but it never felt right. it toke a while to build up my lower back after I stopped useing it so fel it held me back.

shoichi said:

I switched to holding dumbells between my feet - you can hold up a little more weight - though the dismount is hard without a partner.

what do u meen hold more weight?

and how...

Top Bottom