Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wanting to tone up my g/f, tribulus for women?

trowsersnake98

Just a thought i had. My girlfriend is 20 yrs old and she is about 5' 7" 135lbs. she is by no means fat, actually very skinny but shes soft with very little muscle mass. i would like to harden her up a little bit and put a little muscle on her. i would start by makeing her hit the gym about 2-3 times a week with some light weight/high rep weight training followed by cardio and upping her daily protein intake up. her eating is pretty clean, she eats 3 quality meals a day (thats all she can fit in her schedule)and i was going to throw in 1-2 whey shakes here or there to give her some more protein and extra calories.

just to give her an extra boost, what do you guys think of giving her a little tribulus? i was thinking the increased amount of test might help her burn a little more fat off and tone her up a bit more. what side effects are common? i doubt shell grow facial hair or anything with trib but you never know so i figured id ask. thanks ladies, i appreciate the help.

Don't recommend it - Tribulus will prob make her bulky, screws up her period and lots of acne.

Focus on serious mass building - weight training - don't get into that low weight / high rep crap - she wants to build muscle mass, not burn it off. Start at a weight where she's working hard for it - no easy flapping around w/ the pink weights. Focus more on tight form than weight and keep reps around 8-10 x 3. Make them balls to the wall w/ effort & tight form. And make it more like 3-4 x/week in the gym than 2-3 - 2 will pretty much do nothing - its not often enough to make it consistent. At least 3. A great 3 day split is upper body / lower body / upper body - this is outlined very nicely in the BODY FOR LIFE book by Bill Philips.

Also what does it mean - she eats pretty clean - can you have her post up a typical day's meal plan? The point is not to eyeball what you think is sufficient but rather quantify it so you KNOW. If your diet doesn't support your goals you may as well forget the rest. Also put the meal plan in a food counts program like www.fitday.com - its free, online, excellent tool to see what you are REALLY eating. Not what you think you are eating.

Sassy69 said:
Don't recommend it - Tribulus will prob make her bulky, screws up her period and lots of acne.

Focus on serious mass building - weight training - don't get into that low weight / high rep crap - she wants to build muscle mass, not burn it off. Start at a weight where she's working hard for it - no easy flapping around w/ the pink weights. Focus more on tight form than weight and keep reps around 8-10 x 3. Make them balls to the wall w/ effort & tight form. And make it more like 3-4 x/week in the gym than 2-3 - 2 will pretty much do nothing - its not often enough to make it consistent. At least 3. A great 3 day split is upper body / lower body / upper body - this is outlined very nicely in the BODY FOR LIFE book by Bill Philips.

Also what does it mean - she eats pretty clean - can you have her post up a typical day's meal plan? The point is not to eyeball what you think is sufficient but rather quantify it so you KNOW. If your diet doesn't support your goals you may as well forget the rest. Also put the meal plan in a food counts program like www.fitday.com - its free, online, excellent tool to see what you are REALLY eating. Not what you think you are eating.

diet, is taken care of. she eats clean usually but im going to do her bmr and get her calories dialed in properly. thanks for the info on the trib though, glad i didnt give it to her.

EDIT: oh and what about some dhea? probably will cause the same problems huh? i geuss i should probably just keep her diet in check.

Last edited:
Focus on the diet - any time you look to stuff to manipulate hormones you're going to run into the same types of sides. I think there it should be up to her (i.e. SHE needs to do the research and make the decision that she believes the possible sides are acceptable to her in order to experiment w/ the potential results).

Same w/ DHEA.

Top Bottom