Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Veins in palm of hand

chillin408

For quite awhile I was working out without gloves and now I have pain and veins sticking out when I workout. The pain is mostly in my right hand, palm area, lower right corner, above my wrist, but under my thumb.

I believe it onset during chest workouts, but now hurts continually. I couldn't even lift a 10 pound plate with my right hand today.

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so did it go away? What did you do? Any Comments about this?

This type of pain can come from the abuse we put our bodies through. I wrote in my training journal recently, after my 6 week break, that my hand was killing me. I had to put two gloves on one hand. I dont wear gloves at all anymore. Only when I just started lifting. I had an immense pressure and pain on my left hand while pressing. Doubling up gloves helped. I used one left hand glove and turned the right hand glove inside out and doubled it up.

Veins I dont think would be related to the injury. However, if it hurts continually its best to listen to that. I have done one sided training. Training one side of the body. I do not feel that its a good idea though. It creates one side being stronger than the other and can fuck you up later, I believe. I just didnt want to stop training when I injured one side of my body, so I understand the frustration.

If its continual, Id suggest taking 440 to 1000 mg Naproxen a day, if you can, and taking atleast a week off , if not a few weeks. Training through something like that can just mean youll be out for longer anyway. Sometimes its best to back off. Naproxen can take down the inflammation and running it for a week has healed bad shoulder inflammation for me, at 1000 mgs. If you run it that high make sure to drink alot of water and take it in 2 divided doses. Its harsh on the organs and stomach so I wouldnt run it for more than a week.

Ive tried ice many times and never believed in it. I believe in the 2 things that have worked for me. Rest and anti inflammatories, naproxen for me. Heat may be better if anything. Heat would increase blood flow which may help with healing. Ice is only good if you have massive swelling I think.

It should work itself out sooner if you keep weight off of it.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Eventually you will develop calluses on your hands. One thing that I find really helps is to apply gym chalk or liquid chalk to your hands when lifting.

Top Bottom