Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TrueLiberal At the Shooting Range

TrueLiberal

Hello all. I recently received my Massachusetts Firearm Safety Certificate and am now able to apply for my FTC A permit. I've been test shooting pistols and revolvers at a nearby gun shop. First I shot a Ruger Mark II .22 cal. and a Ruger .357 magnum revolver with a 3" barrel loaded with .38 special rounds. Two days later I bumped up the power and shot a Sig 1911 .45 cal and a Sig P22 .45 cal. I can easily handle the punch of the .45 cal. I was more accurate with the Sigs at 30 feet than even the Ruger .22 cal at 20 feet. At 20 feet with the Ruger .357 my shots were all over the place. I usually hit the target high and to the right, but most were in the scoring zone. I could hit a silhouette with the Sigs around the bullseye at 30 feet. With the P22 I could put a round in center mass, then quickly put a round in the head at 30 feet.

I really like the feel of the Sig P22. The magazine was a bitch to load though. I had to really muscle the 8 round in. I think I want the P22. Tomorrow I will compare the P22 with a Glock 22 .45 cal.

What are some other good pistols and revolvers for me to try? I like the .45 ACP round, but am willing to try other rounds. I want something with stopping power, so I'm shying away from the 9mms and .38 specials. Thanks for any input.

Knot a true liberal if you are shooting guns.

And lol @ thinking 9mm cant stop. Watch "The First 48" and tell me how many dudes are dead because of a 9mm

Load a G19 with +p hollow points and youre GTG

Knot a true liberal if you are shooting guns.

And lol @ thinking 9mm cant stop. Watch "The First 48" and tell me how many dudes are dead because of a 9mm

Load a G19 with +p hollow points and youre GTG

Even a .22 cal can stop an intruder. I should have said "more stopping power". I've studied the statistics. Most shootouts end in 4 or 5 rounds. .357 magnum and .45 cal have the highest percentage of one shot stops. The 9mm is usually around 115 grains. A .45 cal is usually around 230 grains. It's has much more impact. If I miss center and put a 9mm round in somebody's leg, they can still move. If I miss center and put a .45 cal in somebody's leg, they are more likely out of action.

I do like the Glock 19 longslide, buy haven't shot it. I like that 9mms hold more and the ammo is much cheaper. The deciding factor is that I feel comfort with the kick of the .45 cal. I shot it more accurately at 30 feet than the 38 special at 20 feet.

I take it you are suggesting the Glock 19. I'll see if they have one to rent at the range.

Top Bottom