Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Triceps training minus presses and dips?

SouthernLord

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
EF VIP
From a purely bodybuilding/hypertrophy perspective....

I've injured my delt/pec tie in. My chest training for the past few weeks has revolved around light weights, high reps, and TUT. This is all I can do. Any heavy horizontal pressing kills.

The funny thing is I can do OHPs pretty heavy along with all the other shoulder exercise you would typically do with no pain what so ever. So yeah,,,,

How would you guys approach this??? From a BBing standpoint my tris are lagging atm. They need to get bigger. I've always relied upon dips and cgbp for the bulk of my triceps work, with dips being my number one lift. Both of these are out.

My last few sessions for tris have had me feeling out new exercises to see what works for my situation.

I can do rolling db extensions with a decent amount of weight with no pain. French presses and overhead rope extensions are cool too. Regular push downs are bothersome so they're out. I was considering seated half preses from the top of my head out of the rack. I've done these in the past and it seems I'd be able to load up on the poundages while limiting the pain in my pec. Anyone else care to recommend some stuff? TUT and superset ideas are very welcomed.

Thanks brolys.

/in before kickbacks :biggrin:

One of my favorites is the reverse tricep pressdown, however grip tends to give out first at such an angle. Solution: use attachment that is shaped like the rope but is made of cloth and has two loops. Just place your supinated hands within, and grab a straight bar attachment (not connected to cable) to secure your grip. You will get rug burn on your wrists, but it will kill your tris. You may need to add weight to the rack however, as you can move alot more weight than you can with standard pressdowns.

I would attack it by pre exhausting my tri's first by adding tri's to my shoulder routine. That way I don't have to worry about to many exercises or to heavy of reps until the pain starts to subside.

I'm currently training tris with shoulders

I have a shoulder injury that I have had since ealy May and was limited to almost nothing for a month. then I was able to do
decline presses with most of it being lower pec and tri's you may be able to get away with it. If you haven't already tried.
I'm a huge fan of lying dumbell extensions hammer style. give them a whirl as well if you haven't.
Those are the two I was able to get out of this injury early on. Now I'm up to close grip pushdowns and dips.

Do tri's and bi's together, and do tri's first.Maybe that will help your plight.. When doing larger body-parts with smaller one's you tend to put more emphasis on the larger one
and then smaller one get's neglected..

Do tri's and bi's together, and do tri's first.Maybe that will help your plight.. When doing larger body-parts with smaller one's you tend to put more emphasis on the larger one
and then smaller one get's neglected..

I've thought of this. My split is kinda jacked up and my work schedule is fucked, so time is precious.

Current split is....

Chest/rear delts/bis
Quads/calves
off
shoulders/tris
off
back/hams
off

I've enjoyed paring chest and shoulders in the past, but since my chest work is limited I'm not sure. Plus it hurts and I think that would fuck my shoulder work up if I paired the two.

Probably going to switch it up.

Shoulders/Tris
Quads/calves
off
Chest/rear delts/bis
off
Back/hams

Monday when I hit shoulders and tris it will probably look like this....

Standing BB press
Half press from the rack
DB laterals
One Arm Cable laterals
Db Floor extensions/floor press super set
Overhead rope extension
Reverse grip pull downs

The seated half press will work the fuck out of my shoulders and tris. I'm thinking this will not bother my chest much. I would normally hit dips or CGBP second on shoulder day.

I train rear delts after chest. Usually single arm rear cable flys or single arm bent over db raises supersetted with face pulls or reverse pec dec.

Btw,,,, This was my last chest workout lol

One and a half BB presses with slow controlled negs 135x8 for three sets supersetted with 25 pound DB flys for 12-15 reps

Flat DB presses with the 50's three mini sets rest paused for 40 reps

four sets of cable flyes

Fucking lame haha

I had a stupid fucking pump and I didn't hurt, but obviously I'm not moving any weights here. To me big weight = big growth. It's a mindfuck for sure. But even a warm up set of 225x8 on the flat bench kills.

I was hitting the 120's for 8 on incline a few weeks ago. Our heaviest DBs are 125. I was so looking forward to smashing those fuckers too.

The funny thing about this injury is there was no warning signs or any indications of an injury at all. I just walked into the gym to train chest one day and it hurt. Baffles my fucking mind.

Top Bottom