Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training westside solo

I'D RATHER BE DEADLIFTING said:

Everytime I do sumos I wrap duct tape around both my shins so I don't get too much blood on the bar(have to respect my training partners). Hurts like fuk when the workout ends and it has to come off. The things I'll do for deads. :D

When I used to do kneeling squats alot they would rub my knees raw. So I would cover them with duct tape, and it helped alot. Also when I first started box squatting I used to get "stawberries" on my shoulders from the bar...so I would cover them with duct tape...problem solved.

Yes, training solo sucks. DE day is pie even if you have no partner, but ME day...

I cannot keep my feet on the ground when trying to unrack anything heavier than 365lbs. I train in a power rack, and no matter how I position myself everytime I unrack the heavy weights both my feet will come up. It always throws me off, too. It is even worse when floor pressing.

Word of caution: I would not reccomend board pressing with no spotter. I got stuck on a third rep of a 3 board press in the power rack, had the pins set about 2" below the boards==anyway, I had to roll the damn bar off the boards and the shit fell right on my sternum before hitting the pins. Ouch! I just got back to barbell pressing and plan to do more floor presses, reverse bands, inclines, and rack lockouts in lieu of boards just for safety.

latinus_spicticus said:

Word of caution: I would not reccomend board pressing with no spotter. I got stuck on a third rep of a 3 board press in the power rack, had the pins set about 2" below the boards==anyway, I had to roll the damn bar off the boards and the shit fell right on my sternum before hitting the pins. Ouch! I just got back to barbell pressing and plan to do more floor presses, reverse bands, inclines, and rack lockouts in lieu of boards just for safety.

Been there...done that...got the battle scars to proove it. I have since learned that as long as you know the pins are high enough it is better to miss towards your face. Rolling the bar down the boards is NO FUN.

Ya i tian alone. Max days are the tughest and motivating yurself sometimes can be a bitch. I also put the boards under my shirt and haven't had aproblem with them yet. I just put them betweeen my shirt and my rock hard abs and it stay in place. ya

latinus_spicticus said:

I cannot keep my feet on the ground when trying to unrack anything heavier than 365lbs. I train in a power rack, and no matter how I position myself everytime I unrack the heavy weights both my feet will come up. It always throws me off, too. It is even worse when floor pressing.

How do you position your feet? Do you have your feet flat or up on yur toes? If they are flat then try benching with your feet out in front of you on your toes. Ths has been working for me, I get a lot of leg and calf drive this way.

Hannible , I plan on doing my next full meet in Dec1. Is BOBs on aug. 17th. I won't be doing that one concidering i haven't touched a bar in over a month but i think he has anothe in Oct. that i'm thinking about.

Not sure of the exact dates. I take it you are doing the Southern States then. I will be lifting in that one...

Well up to about this past week I've trained westside alone for 8 months I never had anyone doing the same routine as me but I always had my brother to spot me if i needed it b/w his sets. About the boards what I used to do was have a BIG shirt like a 2XL or so on ME days and put the boards under that shirt when I lay down on the bench. I found it to stay pretty stable.

Now I have a training partner she knows nothing about westside but wants to lift so she wants to train with me. GO FIGURE g/fs always wanna do everything with their men.

Thanks for the tip about keeping your toes up. I'll try it tomorrow.

The only way I can board press with the pins setup safely is if I use 2 boards. 1 or 3 cause the pins to be either too low or too high.

Duck tape is grand...much better than using a nail gun to hold the boards in place...

Firm believer that duck tape and a nail gun can fix anything. Of course...we have to bring the food to the cat now...

B True

Top Bottom